About Girl Scouts
Girl Scouts Nation’s Capital is the largest Girl Scout council in the country. It provides girls in grades K-12 with opportunities to learn new skills, make friends, and discover the power of girls together. We’re the preeminent leadership development organization for girls.
An Excellent Opportunity
Have you been looking for a role that combines your talents in sales and relationship-building with a well-known name brand that makes a difference in the lives of others? If you found yourself nodding as you were reading, you are in the right place!
We are looking for someone who possesses the drive to win, success in bringing in more girls and their families to join the Girl Scout movement, and the ability to build lasting relationships in communities, virtually and in person. We are on a mission to build girls of courage, confidence, and character who make the world a better place. The right candidate won’t just be promoting a program. Their work will impact and change future generations!
What Winning in this Role Looks Like
- Using your art of persuasion to convince girls, their parents, other caring adults, and community partner organizations to join, volunteer, promote, and give of their time and resources.
- Developing prospects and leads for conversion to members.
- Leveraging sales development techniques to reach membership goals.
- Making cold contacts daily, through telephone, email, and video calls, as well as follow up with warm leads.
- Maintaining strong relationship with adult volunteers through phone calls, emails, video calls, and in-person meetings, including assisting with conflict resolution as the need arises.
- Recruiting for and working with administrative teams of volunteers to serve Girl Scout families.
- Training and being a cheerleader for volunteers on girl and volunteer recruitment.
- Supporting recruitment efforts through girl program, including day camps and sampler troops.