The Fund for Public Health in New York City (FPHNYC) is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization that is dedicated to the advancement of the health and well-being of all New Yorkers. To this end, in partnership with the New York City Department of Health and Mental Hygiene (DOHMH), FPHNYC incubates innovative public health initiatives implemented by DOHMH to advance community health throughout the city. It facilitates partnerships, often new and unconventional, between government and the private sector to develop, test, and launch new initiatives. These collaborations speed the execution of demonstration projects, effect expansion of successful pilot programs, and support rapid implementation to meet the public health needs of individuals, families, and communities across New York City.
The Division of Finance has central responsibility and authority for policy analysis, program development, performance tracking and improvement, financial management, resource maximization and technical assistance. Finance helps to ensure that programs and administrative operations have the information, analysis, funding and technical capacity to deliver critical services effectively and meet DOHMH's objectives.
The Bureau of Finance Administration and Planning within the Division of Finance requests to hire a Special Projects Coordinator to support the Deputy Commissioner for the Division of Finance. The Special Projects Coordinator will be expected to exercise independent judgement, coordinate multiple and diverse projects and respond quickly to changing conditions and complete tasks on a short turnaround timeframe.
- Monitor, coordinate, and report on multiple and diverse projects.
- Facilitate meetings, including by senior agency and division staff. This responsibility includes agenda preparation, recording of minutes, monitoring and following up for action items, and strong facilitation to assure meeting desired outcomes are achieved.
- Generate management reports, Power Point presentations, briefing documents, memos, letters, and other materials using professional language with a high attention to detail and understanding of audience and desired outcomes.
- Prepare analyses and liaison support across the Division of Finance, as requested by the Deputy Commissioner.
- Lead the planning and implementation of assigned projects; develop project plans; facilitate the definition of project scope, goals, milestones, schedules, and deliverables.
- Maintain strong, collegial, and effective working relationships.
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation.
- Implement policies and procedures as directed. Assist in the development and administration of special projects as requested, maintaining flexibility.
- Prepare and present status reports defining progress, problems, and solutions.
- Respond to and resolve confidential and sensitive inquiries. Provide guidance to other departments and/or agencies. Maintain confidentiality as directed. Act as representative on committees, special related projects, and other activities as assigned.
- Perform other duties as assigned.