The Fund for Public Health in New York City (FPHNYC) is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization that is dedicated to the advancement of the health and well-being of all New Yorkers. To this end, in partnership with the New York City Department of Health and Mental Hygiene (DOHMH), FPHNYC incubates innovative public health initiatives implemented by DOHMH to advance community health throughout the city. It facilitates partnerships, often new and unconventional, between government and the private sector to develop, test, and launch new initiatives. These collaborations speed the execution of demonstration projects, effect expansion of successful pilot programs, and support rapid implementation to meet the public health needs of individuals, families, and communities across New York City.
The Division of Information Technology aims to align technology solutions with the DOHMH mission by prioritizing resource use and deploying innovations that facilitate the agencys day-to-day activities and enhance staff productivity and efficiency. Our goal is to provide users with a reliable, stable, and safe computing environment, through the collaboration of the Bureau of Technology Strategy & Project Management provides business analysis and IT project management services to define and deliver IT solutions that meet all program needs.
The New York City Department of Health and Mental Hygiene (DOHMH) is seeking a qualified consultant for DEVOPS Developer role. DOHMH uses various systems for disease surveillance, and the COVID response has put a large strain on epidemiologist teams. In order to streamline operations and make workflows more efficient, enhancements to the surveillance systems are needed to support the response to COVID-19 and future pandemics. This includes: Electronic Disease Reporting Infrastructure (EDRI,) Electronic Clinical Reporting System (ECLRS,) Secure Informatics Management Platform (SIMPL) and Universal Public Health Network (UPHN.) These are all integral components of the disease surveillance technical eco-system and will ensure that all COVID-19 providers and laboratory reports are appropriately processes, cleaned, matched and integrated with DOHMHs outbreak management systems. These systems integrate with the City-wide Immunization Registry as well as with the Public Health Laboratory data warehouse. DOHMH users that require application support include epidemiologists, data analysts, call center operators, and clinicians.
- The consultant will work with DOHMH staff to properly capture issues and assist with resolution. The consultant will ensure proper follow-up occurs and that all issues are resolved within an estimated timeframe. In addition, the consultant will:
- Process COVID-19 related data requests following applicable procedures and document changes in an electronic repository.
- Develop deployment automation to provide a fully functional cloud stack in Azure that supports our environment
- Build, migrate and test Azure environments and integrations
- Setup multi-level network environments using Azure
- Integration with on-premise applications, cloud providers or other platforms
- Develop templates or scripts to automate everyday developer or operations functions
- Monitor and maintain multiple Cloud DevOps environments based on client requirements
- Use your experience in DevOps methodologies and practices to build a better Cloud development environment
- Build new automation to expand and maintain Cloud hosting
- Assisting IT and development teams with Azure DevOps Server / Cloud management tasks
- Identify new tools and processes to improve the Cloud platforms
- Collaborate effectively with team members to build and maintain positive, productive team relationships
- Develop positive relationships with teams involved in the downstream technical processes.