Essential Tasks or Responsibilities of the Job:
- Assist walk-in customers with plant purchases.
- Walk around with customer, load plants on wagon/customer vehicle, and write ticket for invoicing at register.
- Maintaining of nursery grounds, garbage pickup, raking.
- Move containerized shrubs, plants, and trees, using wheelbarrows or tractors.
- Assist with unloading/loading product into customer vehicles.
- Plant, spray, weed, water, and maintain plants, shrubs, and trees, using hand tools and gardening tools.
- Clean work areas, and maintain grounds and landscaping.
Essential Skills to Perform Job:
- Physically able to move and lift heavy objects.
- Team player.
- Reading and writing skills.
- Customer service skills.
- Bilingual skills are preferred but not necessary.
- Critical thinking.
- Interpersonal skills.
- Service orientation.
Physical requirements of the job:
- Bending or twisting the body.
- Keeping or regaining balance.
- Walking and/or running.
- Kneeling, crouching, and squatting.
- Pushing or pulling objects.
- Move/lift objects up to 50 pounds.
- Load, unload, or stack containers, materials, or products.
- Maintain physical building or grounds
Environmental Elements of the job:
- Work outdoors in extreme heat or cold.
- Sounds, noise levels that are distracting and uncomfortable.
- Exposed to minor burns, cuts, bites, or stings.
- Extremely bright or inadequate lighting.
Tools, equipment, and technology utilized for job:
- Pruners and shears.
- Use hand or power tools.
What makes this position different from the next level up and/or down?
- Excellent Customer Service Skills.
- Strong English skills: Language, reading, and writing.
- Some plant knowledge.
- Needs very little computer skills.
- Needs professional demeanor.