Essential Tasks or Responsibilities of the Job:
- Drive a light vehicle, such as a truck or van, with a capacity of less than 26,000 pounds Gross Vehicle Weight (GVW), primarily to deliver or pick up merchandise or to deliver packages to customers.
- May load and unload vehicle.
- Assist with outside sales of nursery as needed.
- Assist with moving of product in nursery.
- Assist with counting of product during inventory.
- Supervised by the Delivery Coordinator.
- Good customer service skills.
- Obey traffic laws and follow established traffic and transportation procedures.
- Inspect and maintain vehicle supplies and equipment, such as gas, oil, water, tires, lights, or brakes, to ensure that vehicles are in proper working condition.
- Report any mechanical problems encountered with vehicles.
- Present bills and receipts and collect payments for goods delivered or loaded, as needed.
- Verify the contents of inventory loads against shipping papers.
- Maintain records, such as vehicle logs.
- Read maps and follow written or verbal geographic directions.
- Report delays, accidents, or other traffic and transportation situations to bases or other vehicles using telephones.
Essential Skills to Perform Job:
- Clean driving record.
- Plant knowledge.
- Able to operate a sit down counter balance rider forklift, but not necessary.
- Bilingual skills – English and Spanish are preferred.
- Physically able to move and lift heavy objects.
- Team Player.
- Reading and writing skills.
- Active listening.
- Critical thinking.
- Communication skills.
- Interpersonal skills.
- Service orientation.
Physical requirements of the job:
- Bending or twisting the body.
- Keeping or regaining balance.
- Marking repetitive motions.
- Walking and/or running.
- Kneeling, crouching, and squatting.
- Pushing or pulling objects.
- Move/lift objects up to 75 pounds.
- Load, unload, or stack containers, materials, or product.
Environmental Elements of the job:
- Work outdoors in extreme heat or cold.
- Work indoors, environmentally controlled.
- Work in an enclosed vehicle, equipment.
- Work in an open vehicle or equipment.
Tools, equipment, and technology utilized for job:
- Large goods vehicles.
- Drive van or light trucks less than 3 tons.
- Truck lift gates.
- Use truck mounted hydraulic lifts or other accessories.
What makes this position different from the next level up and/or level down?
- Valid driver’s license.
- Clean driving record.
- Responsible for truck and trailer.
- English skills: reading and writing.
- Excellent customer service.