Position: Director/Sr Director - Business Development Project Manager
The Project Manager is responsible for working to ensure the overall direction, coordination, execution, monitoring and control, and completion of projects within Biopharma and Business Development (BBD). BBD is a critical focus of the company, which will expand the growing line of oncology business for Caris by leveraging the company’s leading technologies molecular science, laboratory and bioinformatic platforms, and drug development enhancing capabilities. As part of the BBD team, this individual will be a critical that will position Caris as the unequivocal molecular and precision medicine partner of choice for the biotech and pharmaceutical industry. The individual will work closely with each of the BBD functions, the broader cross-functional BD stakeholders, as well as Quality/Regulatory, R&D, Medical Affairs, Sales and Operations (and others) to ensure projects are consistent with company strategy and organizational requirements.
- Develop project plans and schedules that document project goals and objectives, scope, schedule, budget, risk management plans, and project team resource requirements.
- Provide technical expertise and work closely with both internal and external leaders on project timelines, prioritization, budgets and strategy.
- Monitor and report on progress of the project deliverables to all stakeholders.
- Highlight project issues with proposed solutions to the leadership.
- Ensure team member roles and responsibilities are clearly defined to achieve desired results.
- Lead team meetings, ensure decisions and action items are clearly documented, and tracked to completion.
- Identify project risks and opportunities. Work with the project team to identify contingency and risk mitigation plans.
- Foster cross functional collaboration with all team members.
Knowledge, Skills, and Experience
- Demonstrate critical thinking and problem solving skills in planning, organizing, decision making, and conflict resolution skills.
- Experience working in a business development or strategic partnering team environment.
- Demonstrate a strong understanding of clinical molecular diagnostics along with the ability to communicate technical product information in a clear, concise manner.
- Ensure compliance to applicable regulatory standards, particularly CLIA, CAP, NYSDOH, FDA, GMP, and GCP.
- Able to work effectively with, influence, and lead employees at different levels of the organization using strong interpersonal skills and teamwork.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite including Project, Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and familiarity with SharePoint.
- Ensure procedures and processes are in place that lead to delivery of quality results and continually reassess their effectiveness to achieve continuous improvement.
- Proficient verbal and written communication skills.
- Able to adapt to a fast paced work environment.
Education, Certification/Licensure, and/or Experience
- BS or advanced degree in molecular biology, genetics, life sciences or related technical discipline.
- Formal training in project management and PMP certification a plus.
- 4+ years of direct work experience in a project management capacity.
This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Caris Life Sciences is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), national origin, age (40 or older), disability or genetic information, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.
*Interested parties should use the link to apply. #LI-JA1