EAC Network seeks a full-time Case Manager (Substance Abuse) for its new Nassau Felony Treatment Court program. The position is Monday-Friday 9:00AM-5:00PM. Excellent benefits medical/dental/401K and very generous Paid Time Off (PTO).
Primary Purpose of Job:
The Case Manager (Substance Abuse) is responsible for conducting screenings and assessments, assisting program participants in accessing a broad range of services; including alcohol and substance abuse treatment, identifying individuals to participate in Interactive Journaling and facilitating the individual or group sessions of this cognitive behavioral therapy intervention.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
- Conduct program screenings and assessments at local jails and in the community.
- Develop psychosocial assessments and treatment plans in conjunction with the treatment team.
- Conduct interactive journaling and other cognitive behavioral intervention sessions as needed.
- Assist clients with basic needs (housing, public assistance, medical services).
- Monitor clients in treatment to support recovery.
- Maintain client records.
- Prepare written reports as needed.
- Investigate and arrange supportive services for clients.
- Transport clients to treatment facilities when indicated.
- Perform drug testing.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities Required:
- Bachelors degree in social or behavioral sciences or associates degree and a CASAC required.
- Experience working with criminal justice clients required, preferably with experience conducting groups and CBT interventions.
- Must possess valid NY State Driver's Licence if needed to transport clients in agency vehicle.
- Must have a working knowledge of treatment programs and local criminal justice systems.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written. Ability to work cooperatively with treatment and criminal justice systems.
- Must be proficient in computer applications or other automated systems such as spreadsheets, Microsoft Office applications, calendar, and email and/or database software necessary to perform work assignments.