EAC Network seeks a Case Manager for the Child Advocacy Center Office of Victim Services program. The position is Monday-Friday 9:00AM-5:00 PM. The position offers excellent benefits medical/dental/401K and very generous Paid Time Off (PTO).
Primary Purpose of Job:
The Case Manager is responsible for providing short and long term case management and direct services to crime victims and serves as the point of contact for the OVS Vocational Unit and the NY Civil Legal Network to ensure that victims receive the most comprehensive response.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provide crisis intervention.
- Provide outreach and case management services to crime victims
- Conduct assessments for client need and develop a plan to meet such needs.
- Transport and escort clients to the court proceeding, medical appointments and other appointments as needed and in own vehicle if necessary.
- Assist with applying for public benefits, employment, medical care, the return of personal property and short and long term coordination of such services.
- Assist with filing applications to the NYS Compensation Board, police reports, restraining orders, assistance with obtaining safe housing and financial benefits.
- Coordinate with internal and external providers and act as the liaison with OVS Vocational Rehabilitation Unit and New York Civil Legal Network.
- Provide clients with information regarding the criminal justice system, Victims of Crime Program, restitution process and provide court advocacy.
- Document the services required by the client to ensure accurate case records are maintained in the CAC database.
- Maintain an accurate database of professional referral resources that assist the stated population.
- Provide back-up and support to CAC for office coverage.
- Prepare monthly and quarterly statistical and annual reports as required by the funding source.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities Required:
- Bachelors Degree in a related field required.
- Minimum of two years of relevant experience. Knowledge of administrative procedures required.
- Must be proficient in computer applications or other automated systems such as spreadsheets, Microsoft Office applications, calendar, and email and/or database software necessary to perform work assignments.
- Excellent communication, organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Must have access to automobile and possess valid NYS Drivers License.