EAC networking seeks a Case Aide for the Home Energy Assistance Program (HEAP) and WRAP (Weatherization) program located in Hempstead. The position is Monday-Friday 8:45AM-4:45PM may include some evening hours.
Primary Purpose of Job:
The Case Aide is responsible for interviewing clients, assessing eligibility and processing applications for Nassau County residents seeking financial assistance with their energy costs through the Home Energy Assistance Program (HEAP) and WRAP (Weatherization).
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
- Interview and assess the eligibility of prospective clients seeking financial assistance with their energy costs.
- Process client applications, complete required forms and perform data entry in accordance with the guidelines established by the Nassau County Department of Social Services.
- Interact with other agencies and heating and utility companies.
- Prepare and maintain appropriate records and departmental paperwork
- Demonstrates knowledge of computer programs necessary to perform job responsibilities (i.e. Outlook, Microsoft Word, etc.).
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities Required:
- High School Diploma or educational equivalent required, Bachelor's Degree preferred.
- Minimum of one year of relevant experience working with low-income households.
- Excellent interviewing, communication and organizational skills required.
- Must be detail-oriented.
- Must be proficient in computer applications or other automated systems such as spreadsheets, Microsoft Office applications, calendar, email and/or database software necessary to perform work assignments.