Full accountability and financial responsibility for the books and records of Project Hospitality and subsidiaries and government contracts assigned.
- Preparation of all related monthly journal entries, enter into Intacct system, and attach proper documentation.
- Preparation and timely submission of monthly billing to the funding source including all support documentation and subsequent follow-up on problems, issues, and receipt of the payment due. This includes invoicing in the Intacct system.
- Review and identify EFT deposits from funding sources. Update analysis of billing versus cash receipts reconciliation schedule. This includes addressing and correcting all billing variances.
- Complete month-end closing of the general ledger for assigned funds/contracts and subsidiaries, including running monthly Intacct financial statements, budget versus actual variance reports, monthly trial balance and general ledger, year to date trial balance, and general ledger.
- Performs account analysis of cash, all other balance sheet accounts, revenue and expense accounts of assigned funds/contracts, and subsidiaries on a monthly basis. Monitors actual expenses as compared to budget. Complete monthly bank reconciliations for various bank accounts. Assists with budget preparation, budget projections, and budget modifications. Work with the Director of Budgets on budget matters.
- Prepare cash and receivable confirmations for the year-end audit, including the Single Audit and CFR. Assist with year-end audit responsibilities including pulling vouchers, checks, ACHs, A/P reports, interfund reconciliation, etc. Assemble and prepare documentation required for individual contract audits by funding sources, including desk audits.
- Prepares and analyzes monthly Budget vs. Actual Budget Variance Reports (BVA's) and financial statements. Reviews regularly with the Area Director/Program Director the programs Budget vs. Actual Report and plans with the programs spending of any anticipated accruals. Identifies any questions and/or concerns. Review with the Budget Director prior to the scheduled meetings with the Program staff.
- Monitors monthly program budgets and spending to ensure compliance with contractual requirements. Work with the Director of Budgets for any needed Budget Modifications.
- Access the need for and prepare projections during the year with the Controller and Director of Budgets.
- Ensure billing and BVA's are completed and distributed on a timely basis, maximizing contract amount. Process accurate and timely close-outs by grantor deadlines.
- Prepare various financial analyses as requested.
- Review Accountant's work as assigned.
- Coordinate timely biweekly payroll transfers. This includes preparing transfer forms and obtaining required signatures. Reconcile payroll to general ledger (941 rec).
- Assist the CFO and Controller in other fiscal matters as necessary.
- Attend supervision sessions and other training as indicated.