Ministry Purpose: To provide safe, secure, nurturing, clean and efficient care to our children. Ministry responsibilities include playing with the children or directing their play,reading to them, praying with children, exhibiting patience and love, and relating the events of the day to the lesson and theme in words the child can understand.
- Responsible for age-appropriate care which includes: feeding, changing diapers, maintaining a safe environment, putting children down for naps, holding, sitting with, and cheerfully interacting with children through games, stories, crafts and play.
- Be polite, friendly and courteous to all children, parents, and volunteers.
- Arrive 15 minutes prior to nursery opening.
- Stay until all children are secured with a responsible adult named on the child’s registration form.
- Straighten room and clean any used toys/beds before leaving.
- Attend monthly calendar meetings and an annual evaluation.
- Work holidays that fall on Sunday and may be asked to work additional hours during busy times, i.e. Holy Week, Easter, and/or Christmas Eve.
- Abide by the nursery policies and classroom expectations.
- Report to the Nursery Coordinator, Children’s Ministry Associate, and/or the Director of Children’s Ministry who will conduct job performance appraisal every year.
- Communicate in advance, by phone to the Nursery Coordinator and Children’s Ministry Associate any absences. Planned absences must be given two weeks ahead of time. In the case of last-minute illness, he or she must contact the nursery coordinator by phone 1 hour prior to his or her shift so a replacement or volunteer may be found.