Rockhurst Universitys Department of Physical Therapy and Exercise Science invites qualified applicants with knowledge and experience in a specialty area of practice to apply for a 9-month tenure track physical therapy faculty position. Teaching, scholarship, and service expectations are dependent upon applicant experience and background.
Rockhurst University is located in the heart of Kansas City, Missouri with a metropolitan population of 2.5 million people. It is known for its barbeque, jazz heritage, sports teams with enthusiastic support, and numerous cultural opportunities. Additional information about Kansas City can be found here.
Rockhurst University is a welcoming and inclusive private Catholic, Jesuit institution with a strong mission aligned with the core values of physical therapy practice. As one of 27 Jesuit universities and colleges in the U.S., Rockhurst is part of the nation's largest network of independent higher education institutions.
The St. Luke's College of Nursing and Health Sciences (CNHS) is recognized for excellence within the University and the community. Rockhurst's Doctor of Physical Therapy (DPT) program is one of several graduate, post-bachelors, and undergraduate programs CNHS offers. The DPT program is known for its innovative teaching using a broad range of active learning experiences, close faculty-student interactions, and our strong mission focused on service, advocacy, and leadership. The faculty have close relationships with many community partners, enabling community-based service learning for students and clinical practice opportunities for interested faculty. Rockhurst DPT students are often commended for excellence in academics, professionalism, service, and leadership. Additional details about the Physical Therapy Program are available on the program's website. Click here.
- Possession of a terminal academic degree ((e.g., Ph.D., EdD, DSci, DHSci) and/or clinical doctorate (DPT) at the time of appointment Clinical expertise in area of practice
- Experience teaching in a physical therapy or physical therapist assistant program (adjunct and/or core)
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, and communication skills
- Eligible for or currently possesses Missouri PT license
- Board Certified Clinical Specialist through American Board of Physical Therapy Specialties
- Record of scholarship and a defined scholarly agenda
- Record of service to the profession or community
- Commitment to interprofessional collaboration
- Commitment to developing outstanding physical therapists who are ethical, inclusive, competent and compassionate professionals
The position will remain open until it is filled. Rank and salary are commensurate with qualifications. Applicants who would enhance the diversity of the University, such as individuals from historically underrepresented groups, are strongly encouraged to apply. All application materials including a cover letter, curriculum vitae and teaching philosophy must be submitted through our online application system. Questions or inquiries about the position can be directed to Dr. Ann Marie Decker at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Rockhurst University provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws. Rockhurst uses E-Verify.