The Service Desk is the hub of the JCC and serves as a resource center for all members, guests, and staff. The Service Desk Representative’s responsibilities are to make sure people are directed to the appropriate departments and to provide people with the answers they need about our events and programming. They deliver beyond our member’s expectations, contribute to member retention, and create a friendly and welcoming environment.
- Say, “Hi,” and smile while greeting members, guests and staff enthusiastically
- Ability to communicate verbally with staff and members effectively and efficiently
- Ability to work independently with little to no supervision
- Perform tasks proficiently after receiving appropriate training/ after completing J-Way training
- Decision making ability to solve problems independently, effectively, and in a timely manner
- Efficiently handle the check-in process
- Answer telephone and field calls
- Schedule massage appointments either in person or by phone
- Assist members with purchases of retail goods and center services
- Present membership information to prospective members, as well as refer them to Membership Department
- Work as a team with all other departments
- Be knowledgeable about all programs, services and activities offered at the JCC
- Promote center services and programs
- Assist with keeping the center well stocked and clean
- Maintain massage log, will call file and log, and lost and found log, etc.
- Performs additional duties as required and as business dictates.