Status: Minor Part-Time, Non-Exempt, At-Will
Under the direct supervision of the Pilates Coordinator and a member of the Health, Sports, Fitness and Aquatics Team, the Pilates Instructor at the Addison-Penzak Jewish Community Center (APJCC) is responsible for successfully implementing member engagement initiatives that align with the core values of the organization. This position serves as a vital role in engaging and retaining members and facilitating a safe and welcoming environment that inspires members to achieve their fitness goals.
All employees of the APJCC are responsible for creating relationships with the members to add value to their membership and enhance their sense of belonging with the APJCC community.
Key Core Competencies
- Strong commitment to creating a warm and welcoming environment to all members and guests
- Ability to foster strong relationships amongst both members and staff in a professional manner
- Act as a catalyst for members to be engaged at the APJCC in areas outside of Pilates
- Experience working with a diverse range of people at various levels of fitness
- Understanding of the fundamental skills of physiology and physical training with ability to implement an exercise program for beginner to advanced participants
- Knowledge of current industry standards and trends in Pilates and fitness programming
- Strong personal skills in organization and project management
- Administrative skills that include email and high written and oral communication abilities
- Support the Group Fitness Director in overall program management
- Ability to understand members’ fitness needs based on interview process and implement strategies for goal setting
- Knowledge of Pilates certification standards and best practices
- Assist the Pilates Coordinator in ensuring consistently smooth operations of the Pilates studios
- Advanced understanding of resistance training and Pilates equipment and proper use and form
- Advanced knowledge to create goal setting plan for members to be successful
- Maintain consistent availability for clients, and excellent communication with the team and clients regarding any schedule changes
- Ability to respond appropriately in an emergency situation
- Ability to recognize and demonstrate safe use of Pilates equipment
- Enforce compliance with all safety regulations among staff and patrons, working to eliminate potential hazards.
- Ability to read, understand, follow, and enforce safety procedures.
Under the direct supervision of the Group Fitness Director (who oversees Pilates, Yoga, Spinning, Aqua Fit, as well as other group exercise classes at the Addison-Penzak Jewish Community Center), the Pilates Studio Instructor is responsible for successfully implementing member engagement initiatives that align with the core values of the organization. This position serves as a vital role in engaging, retaining members and facilitating a safe and welcoming environment that inspires, as well as encourages, teaches our members.
The Addison-Penzak JCC (APJCC) in Los Gatos, CA is looking for a Comprehensive Pilates Studio Instructor for private instruction and includes Duet/Trio session.
Various hours and days are available!
∙ Attend department meetings and continuing education classes to keep certifications current
∙ Help keep the studio well-stocked and clean
∙ Keep all equipment in good working condition
∙ Maintain a clean, safe, and orderly fitness environment, picking up towels, trash, etc.
∙ Other duties as assigned by management and as business dictates.
∙ Fitness Center/Community Center/Pilates Studio environment