Lifelong is a non-profit community agency committed to empowering people living with or at risk of HIV/AIDS and/or other chronic conditions to lead healthier lives. Chicken Soup Brigade (CSB), Lifelong’s Food & Nutrition Program, provides homemade meals, bags of groceries, and nutritional counseling and education to people living with chronic illnesses.
The CSB Warehouse Specialist is responsible for supporting the procurement, storage, and distribution of purchased and donated foods and other goods for CSB’s grocery and meal programs. This position is charged with maintaining the cleanliness and order of CSB’s multiple food storage facilities for health, safety and security. The Warehouse Specialist provides leadership and support to volunteers and plays a role in the retention and appreciation for these volunteers. The Warehouse Specialist reports to the Warehouse Supervisor. This is a regular, full-time, union position.
- Lead Volunteers: Lead individual volunteers and large volunteer groups at CSB Warehouse and food pick-up sites; Lead and support grocery and meal bag packing volunteers to ensure they have instructions and inventory needed, and also provide quality control of the overall process of meal and grocery bag packing; Lead and support staff and volunteers at the Foy Pick-Up Center to provide a streamlined, client centered experience; Ensure health and safety of labor while ensuring Warehouse tasks are carried out in a timely manner; Provide supervision and guidance, offering coaching when appropriate or requested. Support Lifelong’s Volunteer Management team in volunteer recruitment, retention, and engagement efforts.
- Building, Maintaining and Tracking Inventory: Maintain and rotate inventory of warehouse, including refrigerators and freezers. Work with CSB’s Care Advocacy, Distribution, and Kitchen teams to maintain required inventory for weekly food production and distribution; Track food stored at multiple locations and facilitate transportation of food between locations as needed; verify the accuracy and quality of deliveries; Ensure foods are stored safely with an eye towards space efficiency, food safety, and timely inventory rotation.
- Preparing and Staging Foods for Distribution: With the help of CSB volunteers, assemble several hundred weekly grocery bags, ensuring quality control and food safety; Work with CSB volunteers and Warehouse Supervisor to make sure that grocery bags and other products are ready for distribution to clients in a timely manner; Work with staff and volunteers to sort, process, and repack items to be distributed in grocery bags.
- Donor and Vendor Documentation: Maintain records of invoices, request forms, receipts and other documentation of food donations and purchases: Complete and submit internal and external reports of foods received, distributed, and discarded. Send weekly inventory of items to Warehouse Supervisor.
- Facility and Equipment Maintenance: Monitor maintenance calendars and safety records of equipment and fixtures in Foy Pick-up Center; Keep temperature logs of Foy Pick-Up Center freezers and refrigerators; Work with Lifelong Operations team to ensure safety and functionality of work area; Work with pest control, plumbers, electricians, and other vendors on repairs as necessary.
- Support Quality Client Services: Work with Care Advocacy, Nutrition, and Distribution teams to ensure the highest quality and most nutritionally appropriate and client-centered services are provided to the program.
- Support Work of Other Teams: As required, mobilize Warehouse assets to ensure production and distribution of CSB services; Troubleshoot problems with other CSB staff; Work across team functions to optimize efficiency and improve quality of CSB services; Drive agency vehicles as needed.
Perform other duties as assigned