Lifelong is a non-profit community agency committed to empowering people living with or at risk of HIV/AIDS and/or other chronic conditions to lead healthier lives. Chicken Soup Brigade (CSB), the food program of Lifelong, provides meals, bags of groceries, and nutritional counseling and education to people living with chronic medical conditions at nutritional risk.
The primary role of the Cook is to support all aspects of the meal program. This position works closely with the Executive Chef and the Sous Chef to ensure the ongoing production of meals. The Cook reports to the Executive Chef. This is a full-time, non-exempt, union, regular position.
- Meal Preparation: Completes meal prep with the assistance of volunteers. Obtains recipes using data base program. Cooks meals according to meal counts and recipes. Follows recipes as written.
- Meal Packaging: Packages meals ensuring portion control is followed according to meal specifications. Confirms volunteers are maintaining portion control when packaging meals.
- Inventory Management: Helps with inventory management by checking in orders, putting orders away, rotating product using first-in first out. Assists with organizing walk-in and freezer.
- Volunteers: Support the Executive Chef and Sous Chef in the retention of volunteers. Trains and directs volunteers in food prep and packaging.
- Cleaning, Sanitation and Kitchen Safety: Completes deep cleaning projects as assigned. Maintains clean and organized work station. Helps clean kitchen at end of their shift,
- Special Events: Aids in menu planning for special events such as Mama’s Dish, Cocktails in the Kitchen and other catering events. Prepares food for special events.
- Other: Completes other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
ORGANIZATIONAL CORE RESPONSIBILITIES
- Attend and participate in team and all-staff meetings.
- Participate in Lifelong Team building trainings and events.
- Remain active in the recruitment and appreciation of volunteers.
- Participate in Lifelong’s Employee performance Management Process
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively and productively with others (including supervisors, colleagues and clients).
- Regular and reliable attendance, with regular and reliable hours as defined by your supervisor.
- Demonstrate ability to work with people of diverse socio-economic backgrounds, ethnicities, sexual orientation and lifestyle.
- Maintain confidentiality of financial, donor, client records.