Lifelong's mission is to empower people living with or at risk of HIV/AIDS and/or other chronic conditions to lead healthier lives.
The Help Desk Specialist position is a customer service focused IT support role and the user's first point of contact for IT assistance. This position provides technical support and troubleshooting for technical issues, as well as installation and maintenance of software and end-user devices. In this role, you will perform a mix of direct, phone, and remote support for users.
Help Desk Specialist is a regular, full-time, exempt, and non-union position that is part of the IT department. The position is primarily located in the Seattle office and requires some travel to satellite offices in Western Washington, as needed.
First Point of Contact:
- Responsible for responding to incoming user calls, tickets, email, or drop-ins.
- Tracking all issues (both requests and incidents) in our ticketing system, triaging new tickets, and escalating issues or configuration requests as appropriate.
- Respond to tier 1 service desk tickets and provide solutions for user inquiries and requests.
- Monitor and follow-up on incidents and requests throughout the ticket lifecycle, including closure and verification.
Technical Support and Troubleshooting:
- Troubleshooting and diagnosing issues with desktops/laptops software applications, and network connectivity, among others. Employing patience and professionalism when responding to tickets and helping our employees, who have a range of technical capabilities.
- Supporting and managing the overall health of various IT services including, but not limited to, on-site VoIP phone system, Wi-Fi, and basic TCP/IP connectivity, printing, and network access.
- Respond to inquiries regarding the best process for accomplishing business goals within our environment, and escalating these as appropriate.
- Provide offsite On-Call support on a rotating schedule.
- Building, configuring and deploying user computers, phones, and accessories while tracking inventory in our asset-management system.
- Perform user onboarding and training.
- Creating and/or updating team-internal and user-facing documentation as required.
- Maintain computer operating systems and application patches and updates.
- Create, unlock, and perform password resets on user accounts.
- Mitel MiVoice 250 phone system user and voicemail creation and management as well as device configuration and deployment.
- Manage deployment, configuration, and tracking of mobile devices based on mobile device policy.
- Create and configure Distribution Lists and Security Groups in Active Directory.
- Address or escalate requests for access to hardware, software, and internal resources (such as printers, file share, and other enterprise services).
- Assisting in developing new IT processes and automation to address evolving organizational requirements. Includes taking on longer projects with minimal supervision.
- Making recommendations to correct problems with computer hardware, software, systems, and processes.
Attend team and all-staff meetings, trainings, and events. Work with staff and clients of diverse socio-economic, ethnic, lifestyle and sexual orientation backgrounds. Maintain strict professional boundaries and confidentiality. Maintain regular and reliable hours as negotiated with your supervisor. Participate in Lifelong’s Employee Performance Management Process.