Lifelong's mission is to empower people living with or at risk of HIV/AIDS and/or other chronic conditions to lead healthier lives.
The Facilities Technician is responsible for all areas related to the oversight and maintenance of the facilities, grounds and equipment. This position requires discretion and independent judgment. The Facilities Technician reports to the Facilities Manager. This is a full-time, non-exempt, union, regular position.
- Responsible for responding to maintenance requests as directed. This could include but is not limited to painting, plumbing, HVAC troubleshooting, minor electrical repair, drywall repair, replacing light bulbs, cleaning carpet/flooring, graffiti abatement, or light vehicle maintenance.
- Maintain high level of accuracy and efficiency when answering maintenance tickets.
- Performs general grounds clean up and litter removal as needed and leaf blowing and snow removal seasonally as required.
- Maintain and organize tools, equipment, and workspaces to ensure they are in proper working order and ready for use.
- Perform office, cubicle and furniture moving.
- Serve as the primary back-up for calls regarding the Alarm System.
- Provide superior customer service to internal and external customers.
- Perform all other duties, as assigned.
Attend team and all-staff meetings, trainings, and events. Work with staff and clients of diverse socio-economic, ethnic, lifestyle and sexual orientation backgrounds. Maintain strict professional boundaries and confidentiality. Maintain regular and reliable hours as negotiated with your supervisor. Participate in Lifelong’s Employee Performance Management Process.