Lifelong is a community health organization committed to removing barriers to health with relentless compassion so that no one faces illness and injustice alone.
We lead with heart. Our respect for people drives our mission. For over 35 years, Lifelong has fought health inequity with relentless compassion. We work to remove barriers to health for all people, so that no one faces illness and injustice alone. Our comprehensive services include food and nutrition, healthcare navigation, aging and disability support, and connection to housing and other vital resources.
We’re looking for passionate, dedicated people to join our talented team and make real, meaningful change in the daily lives of those living with chronic and life-threatening illnesses in their community.
Lifelong offers exceptional benefits, including paid time off, medical, and dental coverage in addition to a balanced work-life integration.
We seek applicants who value diversity and inclusivity. Women, People of Color, and members of the LGBTQIA+ Community are encouraged to apply.
Job Location: Due to COVID – 19 this position is temporarily remote until otherwise noted. When staff return to the office, it will be located at the Georgetown location.
The Senior Accountant who will be responsible for oversight of the accounting operations with an understanding of the application of GAAP, review of accounting transactions, account reconciliations, and maintenance of internal controls, and accounting policies. In this role you will work to maintain the general accounting system on Dynamics SL and the financial reporting internal controls that are critical to our financial integrity. You will also prepare the semi-monthly payroll, monthly journal entries, governmental billings, business, and occupation tax returns, oversee and reconcile general ledger accounts and records of disbursements, and maintain insurance and property records. The Sr. Accountant serves as the point person for Lifelong's annual financial, compliance, and governmental program audits. This is a full-time, exempt, non-union, regular position.
- Oversight of the accounting operations with an understanding of the application of GAAP.
- Review the accounting transactions, account reconciliations, the maintenance of internal controls, and the accounting policies.
- Review and process Lifelong's semi-monthly payroll using the Paycom HRIS system and prepare the payroll journal entries.
- Manage the monthly closing process, maintain, and follow a standard checklist to assure all period-end accounting procedures are completed, assure timely and accurate financial reporting, and produce monthly financial statement and detail reports as needed.
- Prepare work papers and documentation for the annual audit and tax return, including the annual SEFA report listing of federal funding on grants and the reconciliation of all balance sheet accounts.
- Maintain ongoing work for our annual organizational and governmental program budgets which includes the oversight of monthly governmental billings and the review of budget to actuals with individual program directors.
- Provide financial information required for fiscal site visits/audits performed by or on behalf of Lifelong funders and contract providers while ensuring compliance with the financial procedures and documentation of complex financial transactions under GAAP.
- Responsible for the Agency’s expense allocation process including the financial support for the calculated Federal Indirect Rate - this role manages the financial close, while also creating timely monthly financial reports from Dynamics SL and providing variance reporting.