- Bachelor's degree preferred with 2-3 years of development/special events experience.
- Strong interest in supporting the planning and implementation of special events in the non-profit sector.
- Strong organizational, written, and communication skills are required.
- Detail-oriented, able to work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Live/silent auction coordination experience desired.
- Must be willing to work some nights and weekends during peak event periods with some travel to Connecticut, Long Island, and New Jersey required.
- Must be able to lift 25-40 lbs.
- A valid driver's license is necessary.
- Raisers Edge or donor management system knowledge required.
- Knowledge of OneCause preferred.
This job posting provides a general list of the essential responsibilities and qualifications required for this position. It does not represent a contract for employment, and CancerCare reserves the right to change the description and/or posting at any time without notice.
CancerCare provides an attractive benefits package that includes health insurance, retirement plan, paid time off, standard holidays, and commuter benefits.
CancerCare is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, genetic information, veteran/military status, or any other protected characteristic as established under law. We are dedicated to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for our staff and clients.
All CancerCare staff are required to be vaccinated against COVID-19. Proof of vaccine status must be provided before employment. Requests for medical and/or religious exemptions from the vaccination requirement will be considered on an individual basis, to the extent required by law.