Training and Experience:
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Business, Nonprofit Management, Public Relations or related fields, or equivalent experience. Legal experience is a plus.
- Minimum six (6) years nonprofit experience, with a strong track record in planned and major gift solicitation.
- Strong self-motivation and leadership skills, including the ability to prioritize and handle multiple competing tasks under strict deadlines and shifting priorities.
- Excellent written and verbal communication / presentation skills.
- Awareness and sensitivity to the issues facing members of the LGBT community and to people living with HIV.
- Working knowledge of estate planning, including wills, trusts and estate gift tax laws.
- High-level computer literacy skills, including knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel, and experience with internet research techniques.
- Working knowledge of donor management databases (such as DonorPerfect) preferred.
- Provide excellent customer service with the utmost integrity and professionalism.
- Develop and maintain positive and productive relationships with staff, volunteers, and donors, especially with older adults.
Travel locally and work some weekday evenings and weekends as required
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
This is primarily an office position that requires only occasional bending, reaching, stooping, lifting and moving of office materials weighing 25 pounds or less. The position requires daily use of a personal computer and requires entering, viewing, and revising text and graphics on the computer terminal and on paper.
Must possess a valid California driver’s license; proof of auto liability insurance; and have the use of a personal vehicle for work related purposes.
An Equal Opportunity Employer.