What are we looking for?
- Education & Experience – At least two years of professional work experience; an understanding of the school system is a strong plus.
- Entrepreneurial – You live for the hustle that's required to forge new paths; you collaborate well with others to make things happen.
- Relationship Builder – You have a knack for building relationships quickly and inspiring those around you.
- Organized & Productive – You are a master at planning your day and not letting distractions come between meeting your goals.
- Customer-Centric – You support external and internal customers, in this case, teachers and colleagues, by providing exceptional follow-through and follow-up, no matter what. You get satisfaction from making someone's job easier.
- Reliable – You can work effectively with minimal supervision, but you also know when to ask for help
- Flexible – You are comfortable working in an ambiguous environment with competing priorities; you're able to travel when
- Growth Mindset – You learn from failure and crave feedback because it makes you better; you are also eager to give your manager and colleagues feedback.
- Expert Communicator – You can engage audiences through vivid storytelling; you are a concise, compelling writer.
- Inclusive – You can work effectively with people regardless of age, gender, race, sexual orientation, ethnicity, religion or job type—or any other factor that makes us unique!
- Tech Savvy – You embrace technology as a tool to enhance your work effectiveness but not as a means to replace hard work; you are adept at learning new technologies quickly.
- Sense of Humor – You don't take yourself too seriously; work hard, play hard is your mantra
What do we offer?
The minimum salary for this position is $56,001, and the salary offer will be commensurate with experience. We take pay equity seriously and work hard to ensure our team members are paid fairly no matter their gender, race, or other demographic backgrounds. In addition to a competitive salary with the potential for an annual pay increase, we offer a comprehensive total rewards package, including paying roughly 85% of employee-only medical, dental, and vision benefits plus a large portion for dependents. Staff is eligible to participate in 401(k) after 90 days of employment, with up to a 6% employee match, fully vested on day one of participation in the plan. Other benefits for full-time employees include referral and performance-based annual bonuses, telecommunications stipends for eligible remote employees, 14-16 paid holidays annually (including a week-long winter break), and a generous PTO policy starting at 18 days per year. We strive to maintain an inclusive environment where all staff members can show up as their authentic selves, participating in DEI-focused learning opportunities and employee-led affinity groups.
Want to learn more?
The National Math and Science Initiative is a national nonprofit organization dedicated to transforming math and science education in today's classrooms and ensuring that all students have the knowledge and skills to thrive in the global economy of the 21st century. Founded in 2007, NMSI began by dramatically improving student participation and success in rigorous Advanced Placement math, science and English courses in 85 courses across seven states. Today, NMSI has scaled its proven program to serve more than 1.5 million students, 50,000 teachers, 1,000 high schools and 45 universities across 40 states and is having a demonstrable and lasting impact on student outcomes. Go to www.nms.org to learn more.
All NMSI employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or secure an approved exemption no later than 45 days from their official start date. Exemption requests will not be accepted or reviewed before an employee’s start date.
The organization has reviewed this job description to ensure that essential functions and basic duties have been included. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills and abilities. Additional functions and requirements may be assigned by supervisors as deemed appropriate.
National Math + Science Initiative (NMSI) provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. NMSI complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which we have employees. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.