The Worship Leader partners with the Midpoint (5th-8th grade) Ministry team to lead, build, and develop a thriving Student Ministry by leading catalytic worship for the Midpoint Student Ministry at weekend services, camps, retreats, and all other ministry events; by recruiting, leading, and equipping a volunteer worship band to fulfill this vision; and by partnering with the Next Gen Director and ministry directors to design and execute effective programmatic elements that enhance and energize the weekend service and lead students to encounter Christ.
Worship Leader Criteria:
- Passion for pure praise - A desire to lead in such a way that people’s eyes are looking up, not at the leader, not at those on stage, but a pure, upward-focused praise. This is someone with a desire for worship to bring awe, wonder, affection, gratitude and devotion to God, necessitating humility in the Worship Leader who sees the platform as God’s platform existing for His praise.
- Equipper - We’re not looking for the solo worship leader, nearly so much as seeking someone who will equip and raise up a generation of worshippers and Worship Leaders.
- Songwriter - Someone with a desire and passion to write new songs that testify to the new thing God is doing.
- Next Generation - Youth is the Worship Leader’s forethought, not afterthought.
- Revival - Wants revival, prays for revival, seeking revival, willing to lead Next Gen Worship in revival.
- Recruit, Envision, Develop, Equip, and Empower a Dynamic, High-Energy Core Band
- Oversee the Weekly Worship Rehearsal
- Lead Catalytic Worship at Student Services and Events
- Design Programming for Students Services and Events in Partnership with Next Gen Directors
- Partner with the Student Ministry Staff to Select Songs that Complement the Teachings
- Audition Student Musicians and Core Band Members
- Perform Other Duties and Tasks as Assigned
- Model Servant Leadership and Exhibit a Helpful, Joyful Attitude
- Demonstrate a Commitment to Growth
Position Type: Full-Time, Exempt
Hours per week: 40+