A Place Called Home has a great opportunity for a passionate and dedicated Alumni/ae Engagement Manager to utilize their skills and implement creative ways to support the mission and vision of the organization while making a difference in the community.
A Place Called Home is a dynamic, non-profit youth and community center in South Central Los Angeles. APCH provides educational programs, counseling, mentoring, music, dance and art classes, fitness and health and wellness opportunities. As youth participate in our programs, they discover interests and talents and develop a better sense of themselves and their place in the world around them. Our goal is to increase the likelihood that youth will stay in school, pursue higher education, attain viable jobs, and become active community members capable of making positive change in the world in which they live.
Our mission is to serve youth and families directly and the optimal way to do that is in person. The majority of our positions require employees to work onsite at our facilities. We will always comply with or exceed government and public health safety mandates. Our priorities and policies to protect the safety and health of our staff and members may require special protocols on our campus and/or may require us to work remotely on a temporary basis.
APCH COVID-19 Vaccination Policy
A Place Called Home will be mandating COVID-19 vaccines for our staff. Consistent with our mission and values, and the duty to provide and maintain a workplace free of recognized hazards, A Place Called Home (“APCH”) has adopted this policy to safeguard the health and well-being of our staff and our families, members and their families, volunteers, vendors, and others who spend time on our campus, and the community, from the risks associated with COVID-19. All new hires must provide proof of their first dose of the vaccine on the first day of employment, if not fully vaccinated, and will have 30 days from their date of hire to complete their COVID-19 vaccination and submit proof of completion to the organization’s HR department.
How To Apply:
After setting up your account, please ensure to fully complete the application in order to be considered. The application will be considered complete, once you have submitted your resume, cover letter and have signed the application.
Our commitment to our staff wellness, development and experience:
A Place Called Home is committed to supporting our hard working staff by creating a work environment that builds relationships, careers and experiences through collaboration and transparent communication. We don’t just talk the talk but we walk the walk. Below are just some ways in which we support our staff:
Health and Wellness
HMO & PPO Medical and Dental Plans with APCH covering the majority of the group costs
25K Basic & Accidental Life Insurance-no cost to the employee
FSA, DFSA and Supplemental Insurance to support your out of pocket costs
401K Retirement Plan with employer match
Generous Time-off: Paid winter break, 2 wellness days, 13 holidays, 2 weeks+ vacation, 88 hours for sick days, Incentive time off opportunities
Assistance and funds for emergencies
Employee Assistance program to support your work life balance
Gallup's Strengths Assessment for all employees
Quarterly Employee Training
Specialized Manager Training
Leadership Training through our Leaders In Training Program (LIT)
Professional development support and financial assistance
CPR & First Aid Training certification
Employee Engagement Committees: employee recognition, new hire experience, supporting community organizations, creating fun staff events, justice, equity, diversity & inclusion and wellness.
Monthly Employee Acknowledgment by Colleagues and Supervisors
Employee Portal - Staff Communication & Resources available at any time
TouchPoint-Monthly all staff meetings
Job Title: Alumni/ae Engagement Manager
Department: Program Operations
Reports to: Director of Program Operations
FLSA Status: Non-exempt/ 40 hours per Week
Over its first 28 years of operation, APCH has touched the lives of thousands of young people, and some have stayed in touch, but most have not. The APCH Alumni Program is being launched with the intention of keeping APCH members engaged with the agency and our community once they’ve aged out of the program. In addition, the Alumni Program intends to cultivate ongoing relationships with past and future alumni, so as they make their way into the world, develop professions and find opportunities to make a positive difference, they will include APCH and participate in a culture of reciprocity. Alumni will be welcome to assist the agency in fulfilling its mission and making an impact on the South LA community as well as wherever alumni have established their lives. The program will also serve to facilitate meaningful shared experiences among our former members, while strengthening the APCH community.
The Alumni/ae Engagement Manager is responsible for the implementation of all strategic goals and bringing direction and momentum in the establishment of this new program. The Alumni/ae Engagement Manager will build a robust outreach network and develop and grow alumni/ae membership to foster, coordinate, promote, maintain and evaluate all initiatives produced by the alumni/ae program. This person is a visionary who brings a sense of excitement and resourcefulness to their work, while taking creative initiative to execute their plans and ideas. While employing an open style of communication and collaboration, the ideal candidate will have an entrepreneurial self-starter attitude and strong relationship skills to build and maintain high quality, long term relationships with former members and other stakeholders in the community. The Alumni/ae Engagement Manager will represent A Place Called Home in the community and serve as an ambassador for the agency.
Under the direction of the Director of Program Operations, the Alumni/ae Manager will be the primary liaison with former members as well as current members who are aging out, to cultivate partnerships and create programs which align with ACPH’s overall strategy.
Essential duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee alumni relations reporting, data tracking and budgets
- Collaborate with Membership Department colleagues to build a network of past members
- Ensure accurate and complete alumni database records are maintained via agency database apricot 360; capturing contact, biographical and career information of alumni via surveys, social media, and other outreach
- Collaborate with the Director of Data and Analytics to develop and analyze useful data regarding alumni
- Collaborate with the Teen and Young Adults, Membership and Communications departments to establish and leverage APCH Alumni/ae Social Media hubs for alumni/ae outreach regular communications
- Create and lead outreach campaigns for Alumni/ae Programs, working closely with the Teen and Young Adults and Membership departments
- Provide opportunities for alumni to connect and advance through peer networking, mentorship, job opportunities, and Fundraising
- Design and drive programming efforts to engage current members and alumni/ae in virtual and/or in-person events such as alumni/ae panels, mixers, career exploratory chats, etc.
- Design, plan, and implement special events and programs that will cultivate, promote and enhance alumni engagement
- Partner with the Teen and Young Adults department to prepare members to develop good communication habits and stay in touch as they transition out of High School programming
- Partner with the Teen and Young Adults and Membership staff in promoting resources, events, and activities for alumni/ae
Other Non-Essential Responsibilities
- Assist with the supervision of members during program hours, special events and field trips on an as-needed basis
- Serve as a mentor and role model for members
- Attend all required program meetings and events
- Perform other tasks as assigned