Assistant Teacher Infant/Toddler at Horizons for Homeless Children
As an Assistant Infant/Toddler Teacher at Horizons for Homeless Children, you will have the opportunity to nurture and teach children at an exciting stage in their development. You will guide learning through one on one moments in an environment rich with sights, sounds, and textures to stimulate their growth. The first year in a child’s life is filled with new experiences and new developmental milestones. You will share these moments with children as they discover the world with eager curiosity. Through your passion for teaching and nurturing a child’s growth you will play a crucial role in building a positive foundation for learning at a vital stage in their development.
Horizons for Homeless Children-Who We Are
For more than 30 years Horizons has worked to improve the lives of young children and their families experiencing homelessness. We support homeless families exclusively by providing high-quality early education, opportunities for play, and comprehensive family support services. Nobody knows early childhood homelessness – both the challenges and solutions- better than us.
Great things are on the Horizons for the children of Boston! Horizons for Homeless Children is moving all three centers to the newly constructed Edgerley Family Horizons Center at 1708 Columbus Ave, Roxbury, MA that will provide full-time early care and education services for homeless children and support services for parents, in an atmosphere of safety, nurturance, and stability. This state-of-the-art children’s center is opening in Spring 2021 and we want you to join us in creating more classrooms in our new space!
The classrooms are bright spaces filled with natural light and high-quality materials to enhance a child’s learning. The center has playgrounds with developmentally appropriate gross motor opportunities designed by occupational therapists. The center has a STEM room, Art zone, and Library that add to a child’s opportunity for positive educational and creative moments on their journey of learning each day. It is an exciting time to join our growing and thriving team of education professionals! Explore more at https://horizonschildren.org/new-building/.
As an Infant/Toddler Teacher you will…
- Display knowledge of early childhood development
- Create a warm, safe, and inviting environment for infants where their senses are stimulated to develop their mental and social growth.
- Care for an Infants basic daily needs while creating positive one on one experiences to build trust
- Contribute to the design and implementation of a dynamic, creative, age-appropriate and multi-cultural curriculum
- Practice positive behavior management techniques in guiding the children’s behavior
- Support and follow all Community Children’s Center and Horizons for Homeless Children policies and procedures.
- Collaborate with and be supported by a talented team of early childhood professionals
- Become an ally and partner for parents, supporting, guiding and sharing in their child’s growth and development
- Impact the lives of children and families each and every day, during an important time of growth and development
- Must be able to embody the values of Horizons for Homeless Children:
- Collaborative – “We get more done together”
- Inclusive – “We are culturally responsive”
- Innovative – “We ask, what would it take?”
- Passionate – “We are inspired by our mission”