Come work with us at Houston Ballet! Picture yourself at an amazing organization committed to inspire a lasting love and appreciation for dance through artistic excellence, exhilarating performances, innovative choreography, and superb educational programs. At Houston Ballet, you’ll be surrounded by creative teams who challenge you, support you, inspire you, and celebrate artistic achievement.
Visit www.houstonballet.org to learn more.
As the Academy Artistic Operations Coordinator, you’ll provide a high level of administrative support to the Academy’s department. You’ll serve as an indispensable resource for the Academy and often serve as the first point of contact for parents and students Pre-School and Pre-Professional Program. Therefore, it is important that you are well organized and exhibit a pleasant professional demeanor in customer interactions. You will also be responsible for preparing and communicating Academy information to staff, parents, and students.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Support for Academy Administrative Director:
- Liaise with Lower School Principal and Children’s Ballet Master on day-to-day activities
- Coordinate parent, student and staff appointments
- Assist in planning and implementing special projects
- Attend all meetings as requested by Director
General Administrative Support:
- Serve as Academy point of contact
- Assist with auditions as needed
- Manage Academy master calendar
- Update lobby monitors and receptionists on a weekly basis regarding Academy information and events
- Plan and assist with Lower School Academy events including Preschool Open House and Preschool Celebration
- Coordinate lower/middle/upper school student participation in company performances
- Generate rehearsal schedule for Pre-Professional Program students and communicate all information to Production department for planning
- Compile program information for Preschool and Pre-Professional student productions
- Prepare and distribute information surrounding Company Productions, Nutcracker and Spring Performance to students and parents
- Coordinate and schedule Academy fittings for the Pre-professional program
- Attend all Academy Pre-Professional Program performances to assist backstage, and/or take notes when deemed necessary by Director
- Organize administrative chaperone schedule for Nutcracker
- Update student casting for company productions
- Prepare and oversee Nutcracker auditions
- Post and send weekly schedule.
- Notify students, teachers and accompanist of scheduling changes as needed
- Coordinate accompanist for Academy classes/rehearsals with Pianist
- Tally teaching and class hours for each session to ensure we are in alignment with budgetary needs and tuition levels.
- Managing and updating teacher distribution and contact sheet
- Manage Lower School Summer Intensive schedule with the guidance of the Operations Manager
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university.
- Reliable transportation with a valid driver’s license.
- Knowledge of dance
- Proficient personal computer skills including electronic mail, record keeping, routine database activity, word processing, spreadsheet, graphics, etc.
- Well-lighted, heated and/or air-conditioned indoor office setting with adequate ventilation.
- Moderate noise (examples: business office with computers and printers, light traffic).
- Tuesday - Saturday with availability to work nights and weekends and holidays as necessary.
Inclusion, Diversity, Equity and Access & EEO Statement:
Houston Ballet is dedicated to creating meaningful change by cultivating a space that honors what is unique in all of us. Inclusion, Diversity, Equity, and Access (IDEA) are instrumental in the fulfillment of our mission and values. We recognize our responsibility to be an inclusive and open organization for students, artists, staff, trustees, and volunteers of all backgrounds. Join us, together we are Houston Ballet.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Houston Ballet’s shared values are essential to our success as a world-class ballet company and academy. These values guide our decisions and behaviors and shape our culture.
- EXCELLENCE: We are passionate about results. Our programs are recognized and awarded for excellence. We are committed to delivering quality programs at the highest standard. Work in all departments matches the caliber of the programming on stage.
- ENGAGED: We are proud to be a part of a company that produces art and trains artists. We attend performances and are tremendous advocates for the education and community engagement programs we offer. We are “all in” and well-versed in the mission of Houston Ballet.
- DRIVEN: We are driven to take goals and run with them. We are excited to deliver results beyond expectations. We are accountable for our actions and work. We reinvent Standard Operations Procedures, leaving our jobs better than we found them. Much of our work product becomes the standard for individuals who will fill our roles in the years to come.
- COLLABORATIVE: We unite around Houston Ballet’s mission and support each other in reaching goals. We share information widely and generously and treat our team members, customers, and patrons with respect and sensitivity. We embrace inclusion, diversity, equity, and access. We recognize our responsibility to be an open, welcoming, and anti-racist organization where students, artists, staff, trustees, and volunteers of all backgrounds collaboratively learn, work and serve. We nurture the growth and understanding of how each of us fits into the larger picture and we celebrate organizational achievements.
- PATRON-CENTERED: Our patrons (subscribers/supporters/donors/stakeholders) are at the center of all we do and are at the top of our minds in our decisions and actions. Our patrons are delighted by the excellent customer service they receive at every interaction at Houston Ballet.