Jumpstart envisions the day when every child in America enters kindergarten prepared to succeed. A national early education organization with operations in 14 states plus Washington, DC, Jumpstart drives outcomes for young children in three critical ways. Jumpstart provides language, literacy, and social- emotional direct service programming utilizing an evidence-backed curriculum for preschool children from underserved communities, workforce programming to expand the pipeline of qualified, diverse talent pursuing careers in early education, and policy advocacy to support the early childhood field and promote high-quality early learning for all. By leveraging nearly 30 years of experience serving over 157,900 children with the support of more than 62,500 college students, community volunteers, and alumni who are credentialed ECE teachers, Jumpstart executes these three objectives to improve the quality of the early education workforce and increase opportunity for young children to succeed across America. Learn more at www.jstart.org and join us in transforming the lives of young children!
The Support Specialist coordinates user support/training, manages hardware deployment, and supports network and server maintenance. Direct interaction and troubleshooting of staff concerns is an important part of this role’s responsibilities. A central part of this role is developing relationships and documentation for technical resources and concerns for each individual site, as well as assisting with managing software updates and backup verification.
The Support Specialist reports to the Senior Support Manager and is a member of the Operations and Technology team. This is a 40 hour per week nonexempt position.
- Triage and assign incoming technical Cases
- Assist other departments in managing their Case load
- Add supporting details to requests (eg relevant Accounts, Contacts, reasons, and request parameters)
- Monitor and coordinate other technical team members in regard to their priority tickets and unresolved requests
Technology Department Support
- Managing and supporting Intranet content and structure
- Collaborative project support and meeting coordination
- Assist the Senior Support Manager in managing requests for support from staff
- Troubleshoot PC and network issues with remote staff in many settings
- Offer limited technical support to Corps Members and partner organizations
- Collaborate with Site Staff to resolve technical issues that originate from the partner organization
- Focus on empowering end users while troubleshooting
- Take on basic Tier 1 support requests
- Image and install appropriate software on staff computers
- Track assets and relationships, proactively planning to update users with equity in mind
- Assist with deploying yearly hardware upgrades