Verus is in search of a Public Markets Analyst to join our downtown Seattle office (with a hybrid work policy). Candidates should be process-minded, detail oriented, flexible, and able to work in a fast-paced environment.
The Public Markets Analyst is primarily responsible for manager search production and operational support of the manager research function including data management, questionnaire review, analysis and document production in several asset classes as a generalist. Essential functions of the position include document management, report production, and training consulting and research staff on the use of manager research tools and processes.
Manager Research and Manager Search
- Liaise with consulting team on manager searches and produce standard or custom manager search reports
- With guidance from a senior research analyst, update product assessments on investment products to reflect information obtained from asset managers and direct manager contact
- Manage and administer documents and notes added to RMS, Verus’ internal manager research database
- Participate in manager research meetings in different asset classes and contribute to writing of research notes
- Actively contribute to firm’s internal research through debate and challenge of team research initiatives
- Produce standard report pages and dashboards for reporting to management and internal governing committees
- Develop and maintain internal tracking reports of manager research coverage, research notes and rating changes
- Develop/maintain expertise in analysis software including MPI and eVestment for production of standard analytics and Excel for reporting and analysis
- Liaise with 3rd-party data providers and vendors: eVestment, RMS and InHub to collect information on investment managers
- Administer distribution and collection of quarterly monitoring questionnaire to investment managers and the quarterly collection of attribution and commentary
- Develop research training materials and document research processes
Manager Research Stewardship
- Active participation in firm-wide research initiatives / group discussions
- Provide additional assistance as needed to high-revenue client teams
$65,000 - $75,000 DOE
The base salary range in this job posting represents the low and high end of the anticipated salary range for this specific position and its unique job function within a specific job category. Salary offered to candidates is determined by factoring in market pay for the job function and job category, internal peer equity, education, credentials, relevant skills and expertise, past employment experience, and geographic pay differentials.
Verus is an independent, institutional investment consulting firm. Since 1986, we have been working closely with our clients and other professionals to add value to their investment portfolios by providing research driven investment solutions that address their specific needs. Through independent, conflict-free advice and investment expertise, our professionals strive to be the driving force that empowers clients to achieve their investment objectives. We are looking for a talented professional who embodies our firm values of diligence, professionalism, expertise, client service, and collaboration.
We offer a competitive benefits package including medical, dental, life, disability, and vision insurance; 401(k) program with a company match; section 125 cafeteria plan; annual discretionary bonus; CFA and other professional certifications sponsorship; parental leave; 13 paid holidays; and 15 days of paid time off the first year of employment.
In addition, our boutique firm allows us to have an exceptionally convivial corporate culture with opportunities for career development and cross-departmental collaboration. On top of strengthening growth and partnerships in the work environment, Verus promotes happy and healthy living with a variety of employee appreciation initiatives, a good sense of humor, and several company events throughout the year.
To apply please visit our Verus Career Website here: https://www.verusinvestments.com/careers/
Verus is dedicated to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. We seek employees from all backgrounds to join our teams, and we encourage our employees to bring their authentic and best selves to work. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), disability, age, citizenship status, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender, medical condition, military or veteran status.