Andrews McMeel Universal is a global, independent, integrated media company providing comics, illustrated humor, and inspirational content across syndication, book, calendar, and greeting card publishing, digital consumer experiences, and entertainment licensing. Our remarkable roster of talent includes dozens of New York Times best-selling authors and Pulitzer Prize-, Reuben Award-, and Emmy Award-winning creators.
AMU offers paid internships to students or new graduates who are immediately available and can commit to up to a 12-month internship. We provide outstanding education and growth opportunities to qualified, hard-working, self-motivated, poised, and articulate candidates. Internships average 20-40 hours per week, depending on applicant's availability and department needs.
• Acquire an overall view of multiple facets of the media industry
• Gain a basic understanding of internal and external communications in a fast-paced business environment
• Enhance organization skills with a focus on concise, compelling, persuasive writing for a variety of touch points, including sales, B2B marketing, email and content marketing
• Professional development
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS FOR HIRE
• Students of or recent graduates with a degree in Business, Journalism/Strategic Communications, English, or Marketing.
o Current students must have a minimum of 60 hours of college credit earned at time of application
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office and Adobe InDesign
• Attentive to detail, with outstanding copywriting and proofreading skills
• Able to work autonomously, balance and prioritize tasks, and meet deadlines