Reporting to the Environmental Services Director, the Housekeeper ensures that the facility is maintained in a clean and sanitary condition at all times to provide for the care and welfare of our residents in a healthful environment. The Housekeeper respectfully interacts with all residents, family members, visitors, colleagues and staff. This is a safety sensitive position.
It is understood that every incidental duty connected with operations listed in the job description is not always specifically described, and that employees, at the discretion of management, may be required to perform duties not within their job descriptions. The omission of an essential function does not preclude management from assigning duties not listed herein if such functions are a logical assignment to the position.
- Performs assigned cleaning and housekeeping services as assigned by supervisor
- Follows cleaning procedures in a safe manner
- Completes all assignments scheduled in each unit and/or common area
- Cleans up after special events and in dining rooms, as needed
- Checks stock and notifies supervisor of supply needs
- Maintains equipment in good working conditions and returns it to proper location after use
- Assists with room changes, as needed
- Writes up maintenance work orders
- Participates in ongoing in-service education and attends meetings
- Regular and reliable attendance is an essential function of this job.
ESSENTIAL MENTAL AND PHYSICAL FUNCTIONS
The essential mental and physical functions listed below are required in order for an employee to be able to perform the essential functions of this position.
- Thinking critically; defined as reading, understanding and taking appropriate action on detailed and complex information.
- Standing long periods of time.
- Walking long distances daily.
- Lifting and carrying up to 50 lbs.
- Repetitive actions/motion of one or both hands.
- Hearing ordinary conversation and office sounds.
- Verbal communication in person and on the phone.
- Written communication by hand and on PC.