The Communications Associate supports the implementation of the communication strategy, which includes external communications and internal staff communications.
Specific Duties & Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Develop and manage digital calendar for Graham’s social media, digital fundraising campaigns and special events
- Effectively engage followers on social media via Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, and LinkedIn — produce and manage posts across all channels.
- Write stories of Graham program participants, donors, staff and volunteers for publication
- In collaboration with Development, Advocacy, and Communications team members, draft, review, edit, and issue email communications
- Maintain and strengthen digital relationships to deepen engagement with potential partners
- Produce a regular newsletter for external audiences
- Obtain content for various communications from across Graham, including stories, photos, videos and program updates
- Maintain photos and videos in an organized, easily searchable, and shareable archive
- Design and produce marketing materials
- In collaboration with the Development team, produce donor materials such as slide decks and case statements and an annual impact report.
- Promote Graham through social media and digital ads
- Manage Graham’s website by:
- Establishing a plan for reviewing/updating content on an ongoing basis
- taking a leadership role in collaboration with other team members on website re-design
- making ad-hoc updates and managing necessary vendor contracts and relationships
- Create and maintain analytics dashboard (or report) with key communications metrics and industry benchmarks
- Conduct research and develop recommendations for ways to maintain and improve digital engagement based on best practices
- Own and disseminate Graham’s brand guidelines and serve as a Graham-wide resource for design advice and access to brand resources
- Update content on SharePoint to inform staff of internal announcements
- Share content with Graham staff on child and parent success stories through different communications channels (e.g. email, SharePoint, Currents newsletter)
- Keep staff informed through different channels (visual emails, newsletters, flyers, SharePoint, etc.) of updates and plans
Perform other tasks, as needed