- High School Diploma required.
- Specialized training/licenses in HVAC and Electrical preferred; Plumbing and Landscape preferred.
- 1+ years of experience in building maintenance or comparable trades required. Experience in HVAC, Electrical and Plumbing preferred.
- Ability to read and understand blue prints, preferred.
- Intermediate oral and written communication skills; excellent ability to speak and understand the English language.
- Familiarity with general building systems.
- Operate and use a broad spectrum of tools and equipment skillfully and safely.
- Ability to safely operate a range of machinery, including, but not limited to: man lifts, power washer, snow plows, small tractors.
- An ability to learn additional maintenance skills while assisting crew members.
- Ability to diagnose and implement repairs and/or mitigate issues.
- Able to handle multiple projects/priorities and interruptions to workflow.
- Maintain gracious, cooperative and professional working relationships.
- Basic computer skills.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Must be faithful, growing Christ-follower who is deepening his/her personal relationship with Christ and models this to others.
- A passionate desire to see people come to know, love and follow Christ in the context of real community.
- In agreement with Southeast’s Statement of Beliefs, Values, Mission and Vision.
- Desires to know and love God and wants to be used by God.
- Humble, credible, trustworthy, teachable, a team player and a self-starter.
- A proven track record for living in and cultivating biblical community.
- Be a member of Southeast Christian Church.
- Adhere to Southeast’s Staff Expectations: (1) work hard; (2) deal with conflict biblically (Matthew 18); (3) have a "solutions-focused mindset" (propose solutions, not just problems); (4) engage in community, worship and growth by being in a life group and attending one church service each weekend; (5) tithing to the church.
Customer focus, Manages complexity, Decision quality, Resourcefulness, Action oriented, Optimizes work processes, Ensures accountability, Collaborates, Instills trust, Demonstrates self-awareness, Self-development, Nimble learning
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear and frequently required to stand for sustained periods of time; lift, push, pull items in excess of 100 lbs; walk and reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, climb and walk; work from ladders, lifts and scaffolding at heights up to 45 feet; perform in all weather conditions and seasons; perform some aspects of janitorial duties.
This description indicates the general level and nature of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.