The Litigation Legal Assistant supports attorneys in the Litigation Practice Group by typing, drafting, revising, and formatting pleadings, motions, correspondence, discovery, and other legal documents; E-filing all court documents in state, federal court and appellate courts; maintaining pleading and discovery binders and all incoming mail; managing calendars and assisting in meeting deadlines; communicating with clients, courts, and attorneys; opening new files, preparing conflicts checks and drafting engagement letters; processing monthly billing and time entry.
- Perform other administrative duties as assigned in support of attorneys.
- Minimum 3-5 years of litigation legal administrative assistant experience required.
- State (PA) and Federal e-filings experience required.
- Proficient with MS Office Suite, including advanced use of MS Word (including redlining, comparing documents, advanced formatting, Table of Contents and Table of Authorities creation and manipulation, and hyperlinks).
- Proficiency in the use of document management systems (iManage preferred)
- Excellent written and verbal communication, organizational and computer skills.
- Excellent organizational skills; very detail- oriented.
Education and Experience:
- Minimum of 3-5 years as a legal assistant in a law firm required.
- Associate degree a plus
The job description as described above is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
At Norris McLaughlin, we cultivate a culture of inclusion for all employees that respects their backgrounds, experiences, views, and strengths. Our differences in culture, ethnicity, race, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, religion, disability, and beliefs enable us to be a better team.
The Firm does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, civil union status, domestic partnership status, affectional or sexual orientation, genetic information, pregnancy or breastfeeding, sex, gender identity or expression, disability or atypical hereditary cellular or blood trait of any individual, or because of the liability for service in the Armed Forces of the United States or the nationality of any individual or any other characteristic protected by law, in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, demotion, discipline, termination, lay-off, recall, transfers, leaves of absence, compensation, benefits and training.