The Apprentice Groomer position is an interim position comprised of three phases:
- Assessment Phase: an initial 1-2 week period working with the Senior Groomer(s) to assess specific areas for training and development. This initial phase will set the expected time frame for training, the scope of training as defined by grooming skill areas, and the structure of training in terms of skill sequencing.
- Training Phase: a period of 6-12 months or more in duration in which you will work along side the Senior Groomer(s) to master the grooming skills indicated during the Assessment Phase. The Training Phase will consist of a defined critical path with sequential milestones as indicated by the Assessment Phase. The Training Phase might be in conjunction with more than one Senior Groomer in order to best develop your skill sets.
- Evaluation Phase: a phase that will run concurrently with the Training Phase and be measured against the critical milestone path. At each skill milestone, the Senior Groomer will document an evaluation of the skill mastery and the critical milestone path will be updated. Promotion to Groomer will occur when all skills have been mastered and the critical milestone path completed. It is expected that the time required for each person will be different.
Promotion to Groomer: it is expected that approximately 75% of Apprentice Groomers will be promoted to Groomer within 6-18 months of being made an Apprentice Groomer.
- Providing high quality grooming services
- Communicating directly with clients both before and after all services
- Communicating all issues (e.g. nicks, ticks, etc.) with clients and Shift Supervisors
- Maintaining the cleanliness of the grooming room
- Ensuring that equipment is clean and in good working order
Supplies and Equipment: you are responsible for providing all of the equipment necessary to perform your job at your sole expense (e.g. scissors, clippers, brushes, etc.). Biscuits & Bath will provide tables, dryers, cages, and shampoos.
- The rate at which you learn how to groom
- Frequency of client communication
- Number of incidents
- Customer loyalty
- Cleanliness of grooming room