1. Community Relations
- Serve as the Agency representative on a daily basis at the embedded community sites.
- Represent the Agency at key community tables such as Community Boards, Education Councils, Partnership Meetings, and tenant associations.
- Maintain a pulse on the neighborhoods where hub sites are located.
- Respond to constituent concerns in partnership with the Site Director and External Affairs Director.
- Work in partnership with stakeholders e.g. elected officials, governmental agencies, community residents, private partners, advisory councils, local police departments.
- Utilizing Agency supports, develop and ongoing communications plan and outreach strategy for keeping the community current or service and resources available at the hubs.
- Work in partnership with the Director of External Affairs to address government related matters.
- Address constituent concerns at the hub locations.
- Direct engagement with NYCHA location manager and resident tenant association leadership.
2. Program and Site Oversight
- Serve as site administrator for LSNC, The Isaacs Center, and The Bernie Wohl Center.
- Maintain oversight for site- based programs -each program has its own leadership e.g. pantry services, afterschool programming.
- Oversight of the site director who manages the building operations teams.
- In partnership with the Operations Division, ensure progress and full completion of capitol improvements.
- Address health and safety concerns in partnership with the programmatic leadership.
- Complete periodic community needs assessments to determine community needs.
- Work with residents and the External Affairs Director to advocate with residents to have barriers addressed.
- Work in partnership with the Site Director and the Operations and Facilities Department to ensure timely completion of capitol projects.
- Work in partnership with the Site Director to coordinate facilities use for Goddard Riverside programs, guest, and partners.
Experience working in low-income communities
At least 3 years in a managerial capacity with supervision of employees
Experience working with government agencies
Experience working in public housing or within NYCHA developments (Preferred)
Experience developing and overseeing budgets (Preferred).
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Ability to and experience working with diverse communities
- Ability to establish a positive culture and environment.
- Ability to connect with and relate to community residents.
- Ability to negotiate difficult situations and manage political environments
- Ability to build and manage partnerships
Physical Requirements/Working Conditions
- Ability to travel between two community-based centers (one on the upper east side and one on the upper west side)
- Ability to travel to and attend in person meetings at hub locations and other NYC based locations
How To Apply:
- Visit goddard.org/jobs to submit your resume and cover letter.
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of duties and responsibilities that will be required of this position and title and shall not be construed as a declaration of the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Employees may be requested to perform job related task other than those specifically presented in this description. This job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.