Northern Rivers is looking for a Maintenance Worker for our Albany location!
Northern Rivers is looking for a Maintenance Workers for our Albany location!
Our Maintenance Workers take pride in preventative maintenance, repairing of buildings, grounds and equipment.
The pay rate for this position is $17.00 an hour!
We are looking for experienced people for the following shifts:
Monday through Friday 7:30a - 4:00p
Monday through Friday 3p - 11:30p
- Perform tasks related to maintenance slips and project work, will be available for off hours work such as snow removal and other emergencies and are willing to work irregular hours as needed.
- Assume primary responsibility for the maintenance of a specific Agency building, or for the provision of a specific Department function (e.g. automotive or grounds).
- Perform repairs to plumbing, electric wiring, furniture, doors and windows, hardware, varied mechanical equipment, machinery, install shelves, new hardware and do skilled painting.
- Inspect property to ascertain safety and repair needs.
- Order repair parts.
- Perform specialized tasks related to one or more of the standard building trades, or perform automotive maintenance on Agency vehicles along with performing other duties as assigned by the Supervisor of Building and Grounds.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- HS diploma preferred.
- Training certification in skilled trades desired.
- Must have a valid New York State driver’s license. One year's experience in one of the recognized skilled trades or two years of experience in either general building construction or automotive maintenance.
- Must be able to use the tools, equipment and materials of the building and grounds department, and to understand and carry out written and verbal instructions.
If you’ve got the talent, drive and desire to make a real difference in your community, you need to be a part of Northern Rivers Family of Services. We’re a family of human service agencies united in our passion to help the children, adults, and families of the Capital Region and beyond.
Our employees receive a generous time off and health care package, tuition reimbursement, loan repayment assistance, free training/CEU opportunities, flexible work schedule, and much more!
Apply today to become part of our team!
Northern Rivers is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
The Company will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant.