In April 2022, the United States announced the “Uniting for Ukraine” program. This program allows Ukrainians, who have had to flee their homes because of Russia's war with Ukraine, to come to the U.S. through humanitarian parole and provides Ukrainians temporary protection in the U.S. for up to two years.
At Lutheran Services Carolinas, we have a call to serve and helping our fellow Ukrainian brothers and sisters is our mission. Lutheran Services Carolinas is a partner in the human services industry in resettling individuals from various countries around the world for religious persecution, invasions, or fear of life lost. The people of Ukraine have lost and left many of the people, possessions and place they've called home. LSC stands with Ukraine and we are looking for those who want to walk and stand!
We are hiring a compassionate, motivated, humanitarian to work as our Community Engagement Coordinator within the Ukrainian Humanitarian Parolee Program. The Community Engagement Coordinator supports the New American Program (NAP) staff by fulfilling volunteer requests, identifying material and service gaps, accessing resources, and establishing new community and organizational partnerships.
Essential Functions: (Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Recruits, inspires, trains, and coordinates volunteers to support regional program.
- Conducts orientation for new volunteers, educates on relevant cultural practices, and prepares them for specific duties.
- Develops assignments appropriate to volunteers' interests, coordinates schedules for such assignments, and places volunteer in roles most appropriately suited to needs, availability, and abilities.
- Manages, builds, and maintains relationships with individual volunteers and volunteer groups.
- Advise the Case Management team of any issues arising from volunteer and client interactions and/or volunteer service delivery.
- Implements standard operating procedures, reviews, and improvements to enhance volunteer services and activities.
- Ensures that all volunteers are vetted by HR and abide by LSC policies.
- Monitors volunteers' satisfaction, productivity and provides recognition as appropriate.
- Regularly solicits updated list of in-kind needs from NAP staff, to be shared with volunteer and donor lists.
- Records in-kind donations.
- With NAP staff input, identifies material and services needs to support program success.
- Researches and reaches out to community groups and organizations to establish partnerships with the aim of meeting NAP needs.
Supervisory Responsibilities, if any:
- Coordinator will provide supervision to volunteers.
Working Conditions/Physical Requirements: (Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions).
- Usual office conditions apply, sitting at desk in front of computer.
- Occasionally may need to assist with client needs in community or airport transportation.
- Ability to bend, stoop, lift and carry, reach overhead.
- Ambulatory throughout all areas.
- Sign on Bonus- $1500
- Benefits in 30 days!
- Flexible work schedule!