This position supports the work of the YMCA of the Rockies, Snow Mountain Ranch, which operates a mission-based family and group conference and retreat center and residential summer camp, serving more than 50,000 for SMR annually.
The Maintenance Technician is primarily responsible for the upkeep and repair of facilities associated with the operations at Snow Mountain Ranch. Responds to guest and staff needs by performing a variety of tasks related to all aspects of repair and maintenance to existing facilities.
OUR MISSION AND CULTURE:
We firmly believe in our mission of putting Christian principles into practice through programs, staff and facilities in an environment that builds healthy spirit, mind and body for all. We are committed to being welcoming to all people and to making a difference in the lives of our members, guests and staff. We count on our staff to provide extraordinary mission-based experiences for our guests and for each other.
- Possess excellent public relations skills with vendors, co-workers, members & guests.
- Ability to operate office equipment including, but not limited to, telephone, computer with Microsoft Office, copy machine, hand-held radios, etc.
- Ability to accurately enter data in the computerized work order system.
- Knowledge of computers for maintaining records, providing general correspondence, and ability to learn new software as needed.
- Supervise seasonal and volunteer staff on weekends as needed
- Will be required to work evenings, weekends, and holidays.
- Ability to evaluate problems and request assistance when necessary.
- Must have good time management skills and be able to prioritize work.
- Must work from ladders and scaffolding, on roofs, in crawl spaces, and in attics.
- Must safely operate all hand and power tools common to the construction industry.
- Must know and use all personal protective equipment necessary to safely do assigned work and ensure seasonal/volunteer staff follow the same procedures.
- Ability to lift and carry objects up to 50 lbs. and climb ladders.
- Possess effective written and oral English communication skills.
- If living on-grounds, will be on-call at least one night a week.
- Possess a valid, USA state-issued driver’s license, an acceptable driving record, and comply with YMCA driving rules to be approved to operate YMCA vehicles.
- Possess stamina to work in the work environment described herein.
- Assist the Buildings & Grounds Department as needed to ensure quality services for guests and staff.
- Proven experience with maintenance operations in a commercial resort along with residential settings.
- Repair locks, windows, tables, chairs, beds, lamps, etc...
- Perform maintenance tasks such as, but not limited to; un-clogging sewers, drains and traps, flush valves, toilets, light pilots on stoves, furnaces and water heaters.
- Experience with general plumbing, heating and electrical repairs
- Requisition parts, materials, and tools necessary to perform assigned tasks.
GENERAL YMCA OF THE ROCKIES REQUIREMENTS:
- Uphold and reflect the YMCA core values of Caring, Honesty, Respect, Responsibility and Faith in all functions
- Uphold the YMCA of the Rockies Mission, policies, and programs.
- Possess and demonstrate excellent customer service skills; for example, friendly, personable, helpful, patient, and professional.
- Support the YMCA of the Rockies safety program. Promote safe work practices and a safe environment for guests, members, and staff.
- Promote a cooperative, positive, and flexible atmosphere while working with others in a diverse community.
- Must meet acceptable criminal background check standards.
- All other duties as assigned.
WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Work inside and outside in extreme weather conditions.
- Work in noisy environment
- Physical effort with occasional heavy lifting and carrying of objects up to 50 pounds required.
- Considerable standing, walking, bending, stretching, and working in cramped or awkward positions required. Work with hands at shoulder height and above head.
Note: Employees are held accountable for all duties of this job.
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities,
or qualifications associated with the job.