Who are we?
Knowing what your business needs is our business, too. Having the right insurance coverage will give you peace of mind because you’ll know we have your back. We’re all about relationships.
To us, this business is personal. We’ve built strong relationships with agency partners who work with us to give you exceptional, personalized service. Please give your independent insurance agent a call to experience our unwavering commitment to service and fairness.
We have a proud history beginning in 1874 with the mutual insurance movement in the Midwest. Today, our rich heritage can be seen across the country, as we have customers in 19 states.
We offer a competitive compensation package, including an outstanding 401(k) program. We also offer the opportunity to join a dynamic organization with a 140-year history of providing exceptional customer service to our policyholders, agents, and fellow employees.
What are we looking for?
Columbia Insurance Group is the place to be! Join our amazing team as a Commercial Lines Underwriting Assistant. In this role you will assist underwriters in the rating, evaluation, and processing of new business applications, quotes, endorsements, and renewals. This position works at our Austin, TX branch office.
- Review applications, renewals, and change requests; gather necessary information and make decisions regarding risk acceptability within prescribed limits of authority.
- Communicate with agents regarding risk acceptance, declination or modifications within prescribed limits of authority.
- Learn, through education and training, technical information regarding underwriting, coverages, rates and risk selection.
- Compute rates on applications, endorsements and quotes as necessary.
- Review and/or process premium audit statements to include updating the current term policy
- Actively participate in the system testing assigned to the Branch Office
- Other duties as assigned.