Title: Service Desk Technician
Department: Network & Cloud Services
Reports To: Senior IT Service Desk Manager
FLSA Status: Non-exempt
Location: El Segundo, CA
The Service Desk Technician role provides technical support of all IT services for users at Square Enix Inc. (approximately 250 staff). The position involves onsite and remote troubleshooting and diagnosis of systems and issues. The Service Desk Technician has a high-level knowledge of Windows and Mac operating systems, experience troubleshooting device connectivity. The position requires strong attention to details and communications skill set.
- Perform Tier I/II level (first contact: emails, first ticket response, answering calls, etc.) of end user support regarding system issues and tracking to resolution and determining root cause analysis.
- Able to follow defined processes for Incident, Request Fulfillment, Problem, and Change Management.
- Maintain a current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned
- Add and update documentation of KB’s.
- Able to resolve any Windows administrative task, including, but not limited to, the following functions: user creation/deletion, printer creation/deletion, and workstations addition/deletion.
- Assist with associated system role-based access.
- Aids in development, documentation and implementation of desktop equipment standards and configurations.
- Ensure user access protocols are adhered to and the user has access to appropriate systems.
- Perform daily user management monitoring and maintenance activities.
- Diagnoses and resolves complex system hardware, operating system, and operator (user) problems.
- Research user questions and issues to effectively prioritize and escalate as required.
- Assist in the recommended user system access modifications to meet the needs of end users.
- Monitor systems and identify performance issues reactively.
- Resolving complex technical problems for Desktop PC, Laptops, Peripherals, and Mobile Devices as well as telecom services and email services.
- Works within strict time scales and elevates incidents within defined time windows.
- Review, Resolve, Log comments and Close tickets within the ticketing system.
- Troubleshooting corporate software deployments, and Antivirus issues.
- Support patching of OSs when required.
- Responds to team member problems promptly and appropriately, escalates issues according to established procedures.
- High level experience with Microsoft Active Directory.
- Intermediate Experience with Microsoft Office 365 and help desk roles.
- Strong writing and verbal communications skills.
- Provides ideas and solutions to prevent problems and support incidents from reoccurring that impact the areas of client computing support and overall employee productivity.
- Possess creative ability, credibility, and self-confidence while communicating established company policies and providing exceptional customer service and overall world class employee experience.
- Maintain a high level of team member satisfaction by clarifying needs and ensuring that they are met.
- Involved in the procurement process
- Event planning and management
- Thorough knowledge of various PC configurations (hardware and operating system), how it affects the user and the computer environment.
- Knowledge of security strategies, network share strategies and shared departmental device strategies and their configurations on PCs.
- A logical, well organized but flexible approach with an attention to detail.
- Possesses strong negotiation skills.
- Has good verbal communication skills.
- Is timely in following up on contracts and checking on backordered items.
- Is capable of staying within a given budget.
- Is trustworthy and does not abuse authority or misappropriate funds.
- Able to work independently, as well as being a team player.
- Good presentation and meeting facilitation skills. Ability to present ideas and information in-group settings and to management.
- Pro-active approach to work with a willingness to question existing set up and procedures, and to suggest improvements & efficiencies.
- Willingness to be part of a global team.
- Project Management skills.
- Adaptable, enthusiastic attitude.
- Interest in gaming.