Title: Information Systems Specialist III (2 positions available)
Bargaining Unit/Salary Level: The Information Systems Specialist III position is within the MSEA Support Services Unit position and is currently pending classification.
Responsibilities: The Maine Community College System (MCCS) is looking to fill two full-time Information Systems Specialist III (ISS III) positions located at York County Community College (YCCC). Under limited supervision and a high level of judgment required, this advanced technical services position is responsible for the management and troubleshooting of all classroom audiovisual and computing equipment, staff and faculty enterprise applications, including research and proactive maintenance at the assigned college/s. The position will perform complex technical support and administrative functions across the complete range of technologies supported by MCCS Information Technology Shared Services, requiring a vast knowledge of multiple user and server hardware, software, and Software as a Service (SAS) environments. This position is also responsible for installing, configuring, and maintaining campus specific software and services. The position is required to keep up to date on current computer technology in order to make informed recommendations regarding policy development and improvements, and assist in the development of information technology plans for the college, working collaboratively with college employees, the Helpdesk Manager, and MCCS Chief Information Officer.
Minimum Qualifications: The required minimum qualifications include a bachelor’s degree in information technology or similar field and three years of relevant work experience. A combination of experience and training may be considered in lieu of formal education on a year-for-year basis.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities include, but not limited to, the following:
- Knowledge of complex design, image creation, implementation, upgrades, management, and troubleshooting of computers and labs on all YCCC campuses, as well as project management concerning computer/lab replacement cycles.
- Ability to coordinate and or perform installations, maintenance, troubleshooting, and repair of desktop and laptop computers, requiring analysis and resolution.
- Ability to keep up to date on current computer technology in order to make informed recommendations regarding policy improvements and future needs in the computer labs, in working with faculty, and shared services staff.
- Ability to plan and assist students and faculty in the labs by demonstrating proper use of the equipment and use of hardware and software.
- Skilled in providing support in the research, development, and maintenance of desktop documentation (how labs are configured).
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
Why work for the Maine Community College System? Benefits may include:
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Retirement Savings
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Living Resources (Employee Assistance Program)
- Paid Holidays
- Statewide Locations
- Tuition Waivers
- 529 Education Plan MCCS Matching Grant
To apply, please upload your cover letter, current resume/CV, including the names and contact information for three professional references, and official transcripts when you complete the online application. Search will remain open until the position is filled.
MCCS is an Equal Opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive and non-discriminatory environment for all employees. We provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities upon request. For more information, please contact the MCCS Affirmative Action Office (207 629-4000. TTY Dial Maine Relay 711.