Residential Counselor Full Time - Albany, NY
$1,000 Sign on Bonus for Full-time *
$500 Sign on Bonus for Part-time (20 or more hours)*
**will receive first half of sign on bonus after completing 90 days of employment and will receive the second half after completing 6 months of employment**
The Residential Counselor position is responsible for providing provide daily therapeutic care and programming according to agency policy and governing bodies' (DSS, OMH, JCAHO, etc.) standards and requirements for pre-school, latency, and adolescent clients who are emotionally disturbed.
- Provide for the physical and psychological needs of clients, including physical safety, hygiene, clothing, food (cooking when necessary), medical care, and providing a reliable and nurturing environment. 1:1 Residential Counselor
- Follow an individual youths 1:1 expectations plan, ICMP, and any safety plans in place
- Engage the youth in activities and conversation that are age appropriate and at the appropriate developmental level
- Document in writing a summary of each shift
- Learn the history and specific issues associated with the youth who requires 1:1; will learn how to safely manage any crisis
- Seek and obtain training in any particular area specific to the youth who requires 1:1care
- Transport 1:1 client for medical, mental health, and other essential needs
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Associates degree preferred; HS degree required.
If you’ve got the talent, drive and desire to make a real difference in your community, you need to be a part of Northern Rivers Family of Services. We’re a family of human service agencies united in our passion to help the children, adults, and families of the Capital Region and beyond.
Our employees receive a generous time off and health care package, tuition reimbursement, loan repayment assistance, free training/CEU opportunities, flexible work schedule, and much more!
Apply today to become part of our team!
Northern Rivers is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
The Company will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant.