Under the general supervision from the Vice-President, Finance and Human Resources the Human Resources and Payroll Administrator will primarily focus on the day-to-day operations of the department including, employee related inquiries, payroll, benefits, recruiting, policies/regulations, and various HR reporting.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Regular and punctual attendance at work is an essential job function of each position and is necessary to your individual effectiveness and that of your work group. Regular and punctual attendance is required of all employees.
- Review employee timesheets for accuracy and work with payroll provider to process payroll semi-monthly in the payroll system.
- Research and resolve any issues regarding payroll and/or deductions working closely with payroll provider.
- Employee central point of contact for policy, procedure, payroll, and benefit inquiries.
- Work with insurance broker supporting the annual benefit renewal process including employee communications and meetings.
- Serve as primary contact for general employee benefit (i.e., medical/Rx, dental, vision, and other ancillary benefits) questions.
- Manage the day-to-day administration of the benefit programs which may include claims resolution, change reporting, and initial benefit enrollment.
- Audit the medical and dental monthly benefit invoices.
- Support recruiting and pre-employment efforts including placing advertisements; reviewing resumes and scheduling interviews; preparing offers; and offer packets. Ensures appropriate pre-employment tests and forms are completed and passed.
- Conduct new employee orientations/onboarding including completion of I-9, required forms and benefits enrollment. Enter information in payroll/HRIS system and transmit benefit enrollment data to appropriate carriers.
- Manage the employee benefit adds, changes and terminations with our and applicable insurance broker and carriers including COBRA, medical, and ancillary programs to ensure applicable HR data is transmitted timely and accurately.
- Ensure 401(k) required notices and updates are sent out to current and terminated participants.
- Responsible for maintaining the company business related insurance including liability, property and casualty insurance and the commercial auto insurance and tag renewals.
- Maintain AAA company memberships.
- Maintain cell phone inventory and main point of contact with AT&T cell phone carrier for any upgrades and/or issues.
- Maintain all employee personnel records and the Human Resource Information System (HRIS). Record and compile reports from database as needed.
- Ensure job descriptions are current and up to date.
- Ensure company handbook is current and up to date.
- Update the various HR spreadsheets to ensure accuracy and timeliness of data.
- Work with upper management to address and document employees performance/behavior.
- Attends and participates in employee disciplinary meetings, terminations, and investigations.
- Maintains compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations and recommended best practices; review policies and practices to maintain compliance.
- Maintains knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, new HRIS technologies, talent management and employment law.
- Maintains high level of integrity and confidentiality; completely versed and follows guidelines in patient privacy (HIPAA).
- Perform other related duties as required and assigned.