Mobile Crisis Clinician - Schenectady, NY
Starting salary of $48,000
Sign-on Bonus of $2,500(Payable in 2 parts)
Relocation Package available within New York State!
The Mobile Crisis program will provide a diagnosis (with appropriate supervisory sign-off, per scope of practice), short-term crisis assessment, short-term treatment plan and interventions, and follow-up services to the identified client experiencing emotional, behavioral, and psychiatric crises. These interventions, provided by telephone and on-site mobile visits, will be implemented using a strength-based, trauma-informed, systems-oriented perspective and will include the development of crisis prevention and safety plans; follow-up to evaluate the effectiveness of plans; coordination of services with existing treatment providers; and linkage to additional community based therapeutic resources and supports.
What a Mobile Crisis Clinician can expect:
- Provide rapid response to adults, children, adolescents, and families, who are in crisis by phone and on-site within the community, and as assigned, participate in acute care hospital emergency room/behavioral health services rotation system designed to facilitate and strengthen community-based crisis intervention services. This includes rotation of schedule to provide coverage during holidays and other team members' vacations.
- Conduct risk assessments, mental status examinations, and substance abuse screening.
- Analyze information to identify action plan, which includes crisis stabilization plan, safety, and crisis prevention plans, and plan for follow-up. Consult with team and supervisor as appropriate.
- Coordinate with community resources for collateral input and follow-up care, including referrals for substance abuse assessment and treatment.
- Provide short-term crisis intervention and stabilization services to adults, children, adolescents, and their families in the home or community (wherever the individual is experiencing a crisis).
Your experience and qualification:
- Looking for applicants with their LMSW, LMHC, LCSW, LCSW-R, MSW-LP or MHC-LP licensure, must be license eligible and willing to apply for a limited permit in discipline upon hire
- Requires a Masters’ degree and two years of related experience
- Willing to pass and obtain licensure within 6 months of hire - Required
- Must possess a valid NYS Drivers License and be willing/able to drive to clients' homes and communities under a variety of circumstances and weather conditions. Must be willing to work in a variety of settings, including clients' homes and other community locations where there may be pets, cigarette smoke, etc.
Benefits you'll love:
- Health care package: medical, dental, and vision!
- Tuition reimbursement
- Paid time off
- Holiday Pay
- 401 (K) Plan
- Life Insurance
- Loan repayment assistance
- Free training/CEU opportunities
- Leaving an indisputable imprint within the community and much more!
If you’ve got the talent, drive and desire to make a real difference in your community, you need to be a part of Northern Rivers Family of Services. We’re a family of human service agencies united in our passion to help the children, adults, and families of the Capital Region and beyond.
Apply today to become part of our team