We are seeking a proactive problem-solver with decision-making skills. In this role you will work alongside a team of fast-paced decisive doers in a company that is rapidly moving forward. If this sounds like you, we need to talk!
New Castle Building Products (NCBP) is a full-service distributor based in White Plains, NY. NCBP operates with seven core values: Caring, Urgency, Teamwork, Honesty, Accountability, Flexibility and Passion. All our 20+ locations from Massachusetts to Baltimore operate with these core values as their driving force. We look for team members who will display and share these values with fellow employees and customers.
Our location based in White Plains is seeking a Logistics Specialist. In this role you will be responsible for driving Logistical Excellence and overseeing some aspects of Warehouse Management for several branches from a centralized location. Your keen attention to detail and ability to work independently will be crucial in maintaining efficient operations. You will also collaborate closely with various teams to optimize efficiency and track shipments effectively.
- Efficiently compare and utilize Internal fleet & external carriers to complete:
- Customer deliveries to job sites.
- Inventory transfers amongst NCBP locations.
- Inbound shipments from suppliers.
- Responsible for creating Optimized Delivery routes for assigned geographic location.
- Support the inventory replenishment strategy by providing real-time actionable information.
- Utilize various systems and tools including ERP system (DMSI Agility), Routing software (Descartes), WMS (Epicor), TMS, spreadsheets, etc.
- Communicate and delegate effectively using email, phone calls and text messages.
- Be a Go-To technical / logistical resource for the geographic location assigned.
- Leverage and improve tools that support Logistics and drive efficiency thereof.
- Attend seminars and educational events to gain industry knowledge.
- Attend Annual Company Operations meeting.
Requirements For The Role:
- Prior experience dispatching and routing commercial vehicles.
- Warehouse supervision knowledge and knowledge of building products.
- Ability to follow up and follow through on assigned tasks.
- Must have the ability to work as a team and work independently, while multitasking and prioritizing workflow.
- Ability to make rapid decisions, be responsive and treat matters with urgency.
- Desire to participate in projects outside of their scope of work.
What is in it for me?
- Competitive Pay
- Benefits: Medical / Dental / Vision / Life Insurance
- 401(k) with discretionary employer match
- Paid vacation and Holidays
- Yearly reviews with opportunities to advance your career based on performance.
If this sounds like you, please complete the application and also complete a brief survey once the application is submitted which will pop up on your screen.
Wage Range: $60k- $90k annually and additional benefits. In compliance with applicable law, this range is a good faith estimate based on potential employee qualifications, operational needs and other considerations permitted by law.