Title: Program Assistant
Reports To: Director, Harlem Beacon
Location: 301 West 140th St NY, NY 10030
Hours: 20 hours, non-exempt, Tuesday-Saturday schedule
Job Summary: Program Assistants will greet all guests, onboard new participants, communicate with the Outreach Coordinator to ensure new participants receive orientation, maintain a safe welcoming program environment, be responsible for evening and weekend attendance input and clear communication to Operations Coordinator to maintain files
- Provide clerical support to the program staff, including ensuring adequate coverage at the front desk, maintaining files, creating documents and related tasks.
- Log in and promptly, professionally and efficiently assist all visitors and participants upon arrival.
- Develop and compile statistical data for reports as needed from DYCD Connect
- Enrolls new participants into Discover DYCD and DYCD connect system
- Closes out and properly files case records when families have ended services.
- Assist with program special events.
- Report equipment and maintenance needs & follows-up to completion.
- Pro-actively problem solves building and front desk challenges.
- Ensure participants sign in and out daily.
- Attend job related training and staff meetings.
- Perform other duties as assigned.