The Housekeeping Inspector supervises housekeeping staff and inspects rooms and public areas for service and quality standards to ensure guest satisfaction.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Manages the operations of the housekeeping and laundry areas to ensure the achievement of departmental productivity objectives and service quality standards.
- Inspects guest rooms, corridors and common areas in work station daily to ensure adherence to established cleanliness standards, and proper amenity and literature placement; inspects for needed repairs, reports maintenance problems immediately and follows up to ensure the work has been completed.
- Hires, trains, and provides career development for Housekeeping staff, conducts performance evaluations and provides feedback for employees.
- Schedules staff and work according to productivity standards and forecasted occupancy.
- Ensures that employees have a sufficient amount of necessary supplies through regular supply and linen inventories; orders and receives supplies to maintain appropriate inventory levels.
- Coordinates with the Guest Service Department daily to ensure guest special requests are met (e.g., V.I.P. needs, early check-ins, etc.)