This position supports the work of the YMCA of the Rockies, Estes Park Center, which operates a mission-based family and group conference and retreat center, serving more than 150,000 annually. The Pine Room Manager is responsible for the overall day-to-day operations of the Pine Room. This includes the Front and Back of the House. Customer service, training, and supervising all staff. Other duties include dining room and restroom cleanliness, labeling of all food items, updating the daily menu board, and ensuring all food and drink line equipment is clean and functioning properly.
OUR MISSION AND CULTURE:
We firmly believe in our mission of putting Christian principles into practice through programs, staff, and facilities in an environment that builds a healthy spirit, mind, and body for all. We are committed to being welcoming to all people and to making a difference in the lives of our members, guests, and staff. We count on our staff to provide extraordinary mission-based experiences for our guests and for each other.
- Maintain operations for fast-paced alacarte restaurant
- Actively engage with guests to ensure high levels of service are being provided
- Ensure Organizations standards for preparation and presentation, health department regulations, and cleanliness for the Pine Room
- Train, schedule and supervise and lead up to 10 seasonal staff/volunteers
- Work holidays, weekends, morning or evening shifts.
- Ability to fluently speak, read and write in English
- Work closely with all aspects of the Food Service areas to ensure consistency and efficiency
- Ability to step into various kitchen roles to support operations
- Possess a valid, USA state-issued driver’s license, an acceptable driving record, and comply with YMCA driving rules to be approved to operate YMCA vehicles both on and off the property
- Managerial experience in a high-volume Food Service Operation required
- Minimum of two years experience in high-volume foodservice operations
- Server or Banquet experience preferred
- Exceptional service skills
- ServSafe Certification or obtained within 3 months of hire
- Bilingual Preferred.
- Basic food preparation and sanitation knowledge
- Operational knowledge of a wide variety of Food Service equipment
GENERAL YMCA OF THE ROCKIES REQUIREMENTS:
- Uphold and reflect the YMCA core values of Caring, Honesty, Respect, Responsibility, and Faith in all functions
- Uphold the YMCA of the Rockies Mission, policies, and programs.
- Possess and demonstrates excellent customer service skills; for example, friendly, personable, helpful, patient, and professional.
- Support the YMCA of the Rockies safety program. Promote safe work practices and a safe environment for guests, members, and staff.
- Promote a cooperative, positive, and flexible atmosphere while working with others in a diverse community.
- Must meet acceptable criminal background check standards.
- All other duties as assigned.
WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Working in a fast paced kitchen environment
- Standing for long periods
- Working outside in all weather
- Various levels of noise; from none to very loud equipment or music
- Carrying large objects, stooping, kneeling, and bending
Note: Employees are held accountable for all duties of this job.
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities,
or qualifications associated with the job.