- Work one-on-one with child, implementing individual lessons and behavior intervention plans as specified by the behavior consultant.
- Monitor progress by accurately recording each session and providing notes as indicated by behavior consultant on designated data sheets.
- Know and understand the specific goals and behavior plans of each client.
- Implementation of each individual lesson (specific SD or instruction, the exact target response that the child must display, the specific prompt level anticipated before giving the SD, and the appropriate amount/type of the consequence for the target response).
- Communication with behavior consultant for questions on lesson implementation or progression, training needs, problems with child's progression, behavior excesses, etc.
- Some clients require in-home services on a regular basis; other clients receiving center based services require monthly in-home visits in addition to their time at the center. Center based paraprofessionals are expected to provide therapy in the childs home as directed by their supervisor.
- Other duties as assigned.