The Senior Tax Manager is responsible for providing guidance to junior level tax staff on the completion of individual, corporate, partnership, and trust tax returns. They will also review the work of the tax preparer and correspond directly with the Director or Client.
What We Offer:
- Flexible hours and convenient downtown Chicago location
- Dress for your day attire (jeans in the office and appropriate attire at clients)
- Discounted gym membership
- Mentoring and Leadership Development Programs
- Fun firm sponsored social events
- Generous paid time off and holiday time
- 15% referral fee for bringing in new clients
- Competitive compensation package and a broad range of insurance programs
- Salary is market based with overtime and merit increases
- Tremendous growth opportunities in a diverse and less structured working environment
- Review returns prepared by tax preparers.
- Bring significant tax questions and suggested planning opportunities to the attention of the Tax Director or Client.
- Research and propose resolution to technical tax matters.
- Complete tax returns timely in a deadline-oriented environment.
- Complete income tax projections and quarterly estimates.
- Demonstrate effective project management skills, inspire teamwork and responsibility with engagement team members, and use current technology and tools to enhance the effectiveness of deliverables and service.
- Maintain involvement in all aspects of client relationships.
- Provide supervision and on-the-job training to tax preparers.
- Participate in staff performance evaluations and provide verbal and written feedback.
- Mentor and develop the technical and professional skills of tax staff.
- Develop the ability to recognize tax issues, business problems and expanded service opportunities with existing clients.
- Participate in governmental tax examinations; represent the client before the appropriate taxing authorities.
- Develop an area of tax expertise.
- Participate in the firm’s practice development efforts through involvement with referral sources, community and industry activities.
- Perform other duties as assigned.